This Oven Roasted Turkey Breast is an easy and quick recipe that everyone will love. The tender, juicy turkey breast is seasoned with a flavorful blend of spices and roasted to perfection in the oven. Serve it up for a holiday dinner or any night of the week for a delicious, protein-packed meal.
We love making turkey breasts for our Thanksgiving dinner because we have a small family. So, we won’t have to worry about having too many leftovers and they take a lot less time to cook, so we can spend more time with our family.
Table of contents
❤️ Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- Turkey breast is a lean meat and a great source of protein.
- This recipe is quick and easy to make, perfect for any night of the week.
- The blend of herbs and spices gives this turkey breast an amazing flavor.
- It’s perfect for smaller families who don’t want too many leftovers.
Here is a list of ingredients that you will need to make this delicious recipe. One great thing about this recipe is that most of these ingredients are pantry staples that you most likely already have on hand so you don’t have to worry about spending a lot of money at the grocery store.
- turkey breast
- poultry seasoning
- black pepper
- onion powder
- garlic powder
See the recipe card below for quantities.
🔪 How to Make This Oven Roasted Turkey Breast
Making this roasted turkey breast is so simple. Just follow the step by step directions here or in the recipe card at the bottom of this post and you will have the perfect roast turkey recipe to feed your small family for Thanksgiving dinner.
Step 1: Preheat the oven and prepare your baking dish
Preheat your oven to 325 degrees with the rack lowered. And, place your turkey breast in a 9×13 baking dish.
Step 2: Season the chicken breast
In a small bowl melt your butter and stir in the poultry seasoning, paprika, salt, pepper, onion powder, and garlic powder. Quarter the onion, slice the lemons and garlic in half, and place around the turkey breast. Coat the turkey breast in the butter mixture.
Step 3: Roast the turkey
Place the turkey in the oven and cook for 2-2.5 hours until a thermometer reaches 165 degrees at the thickest part of the breast. Remove from the oven, cover loosely with foil, and let rest for 15-20 minutes. Slice and serve!
Do you want to change up this recipe and make it your own? Here are some ways that you can do that!
- Substitute the poultry seasoning with Italian seasoning for a different flavor profile.
- Use olive oil instead of butter for a healthier option.
- Add some chopped fresh herbs, such as rosemary or thyme, to the butter mixture for extra flavor.
Here is a list of equipment that you will need to make this recipe:
- 9×13 baking dish
- Small bowl
- Basting brush
- Meat thermometer
Store leftover turkey in an airtight container in the fridge for 2-3 days. You can also freeze leftover turkey in a freezer safe bag for up to 3 months. To reheat, simply thaw in the fridge overnight and then heat in the oven or microwave.
Here are a few tips that you can use to ensure that this oven-roasted turkey turns out perfectly for you every time that you make them.
- Let your turkey breast rest for 15-20 minutes before slicing to allow the juices to redistribute and keep the meat tender.
- Use a meat thermometer to check that your turkey has reached an internal temperature of 165 degrees before removing it from the oven.
- Try to rub a little butter between the skin and the meat for extra flavor.
- If your skin is not as crispy as you like, once it has reached the internal temperature of 165 degrees, turn the oven to broil and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes.
Do you have questions about this recipe? Here are the answers to the most commonly asked questions.
The internal temperature of a turkey should be 165°F when measured with an instant-read thermometer in the thickest part of the breast.
Basting is optional, but it can help keep the meat moist and add extra flavor. If you choose not to baste, make sure to use enough butter or oil to completely coat the skin.
To reheat turkey without it drying out, place the slices in a baking dish add a small amount of turkey broth or chicken broth, and cover with foil. Bake at 350°F for 10-15 minutes or until heated through.
🍽 More Turkey Recipes
Do you enjoy turkey? If so, try these delicious recipes:
Want to make this recipe? Print the recipe card below, or pin this recipe, so you can find it later.
Oven Roasted Turkey Breast
- roasting pan or casserole dish
- small bowl
- sharp knife or carving knife
- 5-7 pound turkey breast
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 onion
- 2 lemons
- 1 bulb of garlic
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees with the rack lowered.
- Place your turkey breast in a 9×13 baking dish.
- In a small bowl melt your butter and stir in the poultry seasoning, paprika, salt, pepper, onion powder, and garlic powder.
- Quarter the onion, slice the lemons and garlic in half and place around the turkey breast.
- Coat the turkey breast in the butter mixture.
- Place the turkey in the oven and cook for 2-2.5 hours until a thermometer reaches 165 degrees at the thickest part of the breast.
- Remove from the oven, loosely over with foil and let rest 15-20 minutes.
- Slice and serve!