Marinated Salad- A delicious easy to make side dish that goes perfectly with everything! A great summertime dish but so good you will want it all year long.
Marinated Salad is one of our favorite side dishes. It’s a great dish in the summer months when cucumbers, tomatoes and onions are bursting from our garden.
We love this dish all year long. I buy English cucumbers and the best tomatoes I can find in the off season months and make this dish. Letting it sit in the fridge for as many hours are you like but at least for 3 hours works best.
This Marinated Salad makes a great base for a lunch of tuna salad, feta cheese and pita bread. In the summer this is a favorite with grilled cheeseburgers and fresh corn. I normally always double this recipe since we always eat so much of it and I want enough for another nights meal. And I think it tastes just as yummy the next day with some juicy grilled chicken kabobs and rice pilaf and maybe a nice glass of sangria.
Yummy!! Make this Marinated Salad today!
Marinated Salad- A delicious easy to make side dish that goes perfectly with everything! A great summertime dish but so good you will want it all year long.Print Pin Rate
Servings: 4 servings
- 3 medium cucumbers peeled and sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1 medium onion sliced and separated into rings
- 3 medium ripe tomatoes cut into wedges
- ½ cup black pitted olives
- ½ cup red wine vinegar
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- ¼ cup oil
- 1 teaspoon chopped of fresh mint or parsley optional
- Combine olive oil, red wine vinegar, sugar,sea salt and pepper in a bowl. Mix well
- Combine all other ingredients.
- Pour dressing over vegetable mixture. Toss well to mix.
- Refrigerate at least 3 hours before serving. The longer the better.