These Muddy Buddy Cookies are a tasty treat that everyone will love. Soft, chewy cookies are full of classic Muddy Buddy flavor, and every bite melts in your mouth!
We love cookies, and one of our favorite things to do is transfer other delicious flavors into new kinds of cookies. That’s why we love these Muddy Buddy cookies. They’re the perfect mashup of Muddy Buddy mix flavors and soft, chewy cookie texture!
Table of contents
❤️ Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- It uses basic baking ingredients.
- It’s a quick and easy recipe that even beginners can make.
- Every bite tastes just like Muddy Buddies!
These cookies use basic ingredients that are probably in your kitchen right now. You might not have to shop for anything at all!
All the ingredients are listed here, but you can find the exact amounts in the recipe card at the end of the post.
- Butter – softened
- Peanut butter
- Brown sugar
- Baking oda
- Extra sugar for rolling the cookie balls
- Ghirardelli milk chocolate chips – melted
- Powdered sugar
🔪 How to Make Muddy Buddy Cookies
Making these cookies is a breeze. It barely takes any more effort than making any other kind of cookie, and you’ll be in and out of the kitchen in no time.
Step 1: Prep
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Step 2: Combine the Wet Ingredients
Mix the butter, peanut butter, sugar, and brown sugar in a stand mixer until creamy. Then, add the vanilla and egg and mix again.
Step 3: Combine the Dry Ingredients
Mix the flour, salt, and baking soda in another bowl.
Step 4: Make the Cookie Dough
Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients in batches, mixing between each batch until the dough is formed.
Step 5: Bake
Roll the dough into teaspoon-sized balls and roll them in sugar. Then, place them on the baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes or until golden brown and they begin to crack.
Step 6: Mash and Cool
Remove the cookies from the oven and gently smash them with the bottom of a flat glass, pushing the center in slightly. Transfer the cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.
Step 7: Finish the Cookies
Melt the chocolate chips in the microwave in 15-second intervals, stirring between each interval. Then, spoon the melted chocolate into the center of each cookie and let them sit until the chocolate is set. Sprinkle with powdered sugar and enjoy!
Do you want to change up this recipe and make it your own? Here are some ways that you can do that!
- More Muddy Buddy Goodness – Try adding a few mini M&Ms to the center of each cookie before the chocolate is fully set for even more Muddy Buddy flavor.
- Sweet and Salty – Sprinkle the tops of the cookies with crushed pretzels while the chocolate is still soft.
If you love cookie and candy mashups like this recipe, then check out our Cosmic Brownie cookies.
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Stand mixer
- Mixing bowl
- Microwaveable bowl
- Baking sheet
- Parchment paper
Store these cookies at room temperature for up to 5 days. For longer storage, place the cookies in single layers separated by parchment paper in a freezer-safe container and freeze for up to 3 months.
What to Serve with Muddy Buddy Cookies
Enjoy these cookies with a glass of milk or a cup of coffee or tea. They’re also an excellent addition to a larger dessert spread with all your favorite sweet treats.
- Mix the dry ingredients into the wet in batches to ensure fully mixed dough.
- Use a glass slightly smaller than your baked cookies to press them down. This gives you a nice depression for the chocolate.
- Melt your chocolate at 15-second intervals and stir between each interval to prevent burning.
Do you have questions about this recipe? Here are the answers to the most commonly asked questions.
Muddy Buddy cookies are cookies made with peanut butter in the dough and melted chocolate on top to create the flavor of Muddy Buddy snack mix.
If you use too much flour, your cookies can become dry. If you overbake the cookies, they can also become dry and hard rather than soft and chewy.
Store the cookies in an air-tight container with a slice of white bread. The moisture in the bread will keep the cookies from drying out.
🍽 More Recipes
Do you enjoy cookies? Then try these delicious recipes:
Want to make this recipe? Print the recipe card below, or pin this recipe, so you can find it later.
Muddy Buddy Cookies
- ½ cup Butter softened
- ½ cup Peanut Butter
- ½ cup Sugar
- ½ cup Brown Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- 1 Egg
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 2 cups Flour
- Extra Sugar to roll cookie balls in
- 1 cup Ghirardelli Milk Chocolate Chips – melted – for center of Cookies
- Powdered Sugar – to Sprinkle tops of Cookies
- In the mixing bowl of a stand mixer, mix the Butter, Peanut Butter, Sugar, and Brown Sugar, until creamy and smooth. Add the Vanilla, and Egg, and blend well.
- In a separate bowl, mix the flour, salt, and baking soda until well combined.
- Add the mixing bowl, and blend between additions.
- Mix until smooth dough forms.
- Line a Cookie Sheet with Parchment paper, and set the oven to 350 degrees.
- Roll the dough into Tablespoon size balls, and roll in sugar, then place on the Parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes, or until cookies have turned golden brown, and have begun to crack .
- Remove the cookie sheet from the oven, and gently smash the cookies, with the bottom of a flat glass, pushing the center in slightly.
- Leave cookies on cookie sheet for about 5 minutes, then remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
- When all cookies have been baked, place the Chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl, and melt the chocolate chips at 15 second intervals, stirring between, until chocolate chips are melted.
- Spoon melted chocolate into the center of each cookie, and let cookies sit for about an hour, until chocolate begins to set.
- Once chocolate is set in the center of the cookies, sprinkle the powdered Sugar over the cookies.
- Serve, and Enjoy!