No Bake Cream Cheese Mint Buttons
No Bake Cream Cheese Mint Buttons are super easy to make and loved by everyone! These are a great quick and tasty treat any time of year!
No Bake Cream Cheese Mint Buttons are such a fun and simple treat to make. They are perfect for St. Patrick’s Day or any day for that matter. We make these all year long. We just change the color of the gel food coloring sometimes. At Easter We will make pink or yellow and use white chocolate filling.
We love versatile quick treats. The first time we made these we knew we had a winner! you can make these smaller if you like. We made them a bit smaller the first time we made them but then everyone began grabbing two and three so we made them a little bigger and it’s easier and quicker.
Watch your family and friends devour these treats!
We make them for almost every holiday now. We love anything no bake. I mean let’s face it no bake desserts are always awesome for every season. Not turning the oven on in the summer is a huge bonus! So for July 4th or BBQ’s or potlucks these would be a great dessert to whip up. July 4th make them red white and blue with white chocolate filling if you like.
We love chocolate and mint together so these are great combination of flavor and it’s our favorite and gets made most often. Whoever invented this flavor combination deserves a great big prize! These would be a great addition to a holiday cookie platter or for a holiday cookie swap.
OTHER DESSERT RECIPES YOU MIGHT LIKE:
- 8 oz. cream cheese softened
- 8 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tsp mint extract
- several drops of green gel food color
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. Using a standing mixer, cream together the cream cheese and 2 cups powdered sugar
2. Mix until combined the extract and gel food coloring until you get a rich green color
3. Gradually beat in the remaining powdered sugar
4. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper
5. Using a small ice cream scooper, scoop dough and roll into a ball. Place onto the cookie sheet. .Repeat step with remaining dough
6. Using a rounded teaspoon, make indents into all dough balls
7. Place cookie sheet into the fridge overnight
8. Place the chocolate chips into a heatproof bowl
9. Place the heavy whipping cream into a small pot and bring to a simmer
10. Pour hot heavy whipping cream over the chocolate chips and allow to sit for a minute. Whisk until smooth
11. Spoon some chocolate ganache into the cavity of each cookie
Allow to slightly harden for 3 hours before enjoying!