Strawberry Margarita Cake
Can’t decide between having cake or cheesecake? Who says you have to? This Strawberry Margarita Cake with No-Bake Cheesecake Layer is the answer that you’ve been waiting for.
Not only do you get the best of both worlds because you get that cake taste and cheesecake texture, but this Strawberry Margarita Cake is also flavored like strawberry margaritas. Get out, right?! I’m not joking when I say that this cake is epic.
And we love the no bake filling. The only baking involved in this cake is the cake itself and we use a cake mix so it’s super easy. Because you know we are all about easy in our house!
One of the best aspects of this cake is that it has such a nice and refreshing taste. It’s light and fluffy with a hint of cheesecake hidden between each layer. It really is a great summertime dessert or a nice, light taste for the cooler months of the year. It has become one of our favorite desserts so we make this all year long!
Can you make this dessert without alcohol?
For sure. Just take out the added tequila and it becomes family-friendly for all. The margarita mixture doesn’t actually have alcohol in it. It just gives it that taste.
How do you store this Strawberry Margarita Cake?
Once you make the cake, you’re going to want to make certain that you keep it stored in the fridge in a covered dish or pan. This cake is meant to be served cool so the fridge storage is an absolute must.
Once you make this cake, you’re going to want to show this off and share it with friends. And the good news? This cake recipe makes more than enough to share! Once you’ve created it and let it sit overnight, call up your closest friends and invite them over for some dessert.
They’ll be amazed that you created a beautiful cake that tastes just like a strawberry margarita! And who knows, the added tequila just might add-in that much more fun and excitement to your get together!
MORE DESSERT RECIPES YOU MIGHT LIKE:
Can't decide between having cake or cheesecake? Who says you have to? This Strawberry Margarita Cake with No-Bake Cheesecake Layer is the answer that you've been waiting for.
- 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tbsp tequila
- 1/4 cup frozen lime margarita concentrate, thawed
- 1 box strawberry cake mix, prepared according to package instructions in 8 inch cake pans
- 1 8 ounce packages cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 6 cups cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup pureed strawberries
- 2 tbsp tequila
- 2 tbsp frozen lime margarita concentrate, thawed
1. Line an eight inch round cake pan with parchment paper (bottom and sides), or an eight inch springform pan.
2. Cream together cream cheese and sugar until smooth, with a hand-held mixer.
3. Add in whipped cream, tequila, and lime margarita mix and beat until thick and smooth.
4. Pour the cheesecake filling into the pan, and smooth out the top.
5. Refrigerate for 12 hours (or overnight).
6. Prepare cake mix as directed by package instructions, to make two 8 inch cakes.
7. Let cakes cool completely (or overnight), before layering.
8. Layer cakes with cheesecake layer in the middle.
9. Prepare frosting by creaming together butter and cream cheese. Then mix in powdered sugar, pureed strawberries, tequila and lime margarita mix. Additional powder sugar can be used to thicken the frosting if it is too thin.
10. Liberally apply frosting to the top, while lightly frosting the sides of the cake.
Makes total of 8-10 servings.