Nutella Wontons are creamy and crispy good. Simple to make in only 15 minutes and just a few ingredients. These will be a loved by all!
These Nutella Wontons are desserts should all be about. Easy and super delicious! We are hazelnut lovers in our house. Yes we love Nutella and we can easily eat it by the spoonfuls. These warm and chocolately wontons are sure to become a favorite.
We served these Nutella Wontons as a dessert one night to friends and they raved about them. Now we know better and know to at least double to batch. Especially since we steal a few as we are making them.
These can also be served as an appetizer. There is nothing wrong with a sweet appetizer once in awhile. and if your serving a bunch of savory apps adding a couple of sweet appetizers is a nice touch. Adding a simple raspberry jam dip when you serve the wontons.
They a best served warm so you can just pop them on a cookie sheet at 200 degrees for about 10 minutes before you serve them. Just so the Nutella is warm and gooey and the wonton is crisp and a little warm. Seriously you will fall in love with these gems!
Can you bake these instead of frying them?
You sure can but they won’t be as crispy crunchy as they are if you fry them. Give them a try and see how they work out for you. I know a lot of people don’t like frying so this might be a good option but they will definitely have a completely different texture and flavor. But they still will be good because well.. They are made with Nutella after all.
What can I add to change Nutella Wontons up a bit?
Try adding some chopping nuts such as hazelnuts, or sliced bananas. Maybe even a. couple of small marshmallows. Add some chopped fresh strawberries. Strawberries and Nutella go together so well.
How to make Nutella Wontons:
OTHER DESSERTS YOU WILL LOVE:
Cherry Almond Poke Cake
Strawberry Shortcake Cheesecake
Homemade Funfetti Cookies
German Chocolate Fudge
- 40 wonton wrappers (usually found in the refrigerated area of the produce section)
- 1 13 oz jar Nutella
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp. cold water
- Vegetable oil for deep frying
- 1/2 cup seedless raspberry jam
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- Lay half (20) of the wonton wrappers out on a clean, dry counter surface. Spoon all of the Nutella a heaping teaspoon at a time into the center of each wonton until all of the Nutella is evenly distributed among the wontons.
- In a small bowl, beat the egg with a fork. Add the cold water and mix well.
- Use a small pastry brush or your finger to apply the egg mixture to the outside edges of each wonton. Discard any leftover egg wash.
- Top each wonton with the remaining 20 wonton wrappers. Pinch the edges together so they seal well and the Nutella won’t escape when the wonton is fried.
- Add vegetable oil to a large pot to approximately 2 inches depth. Heat the oil over medium-high heat to 350 degrees.
- Very carefully, add a couple of the filled wontons to the hot oil using a metal slotted spoon. Fry on each side until golden brown, approximately 1 minute per side. Remove the fried wontons from the hot oil and cool on paper towels or a metal cooling rack.
- Repeat step 6 until all wontons have been fried.
- Add the powdered sugar to a sifter and sprinkle over the fried wontons.
- Scoop the raspberry jam into a small, microwave safe bowl. Heat for about 30 seconds on high, then stir well until melted. Be careful, it’s very hot! Allow the jam to cool slightly before serving.
- Serve the fried Nutella wontons with the melted raspberry jam for dipping.
Leave a Reply