This Pumpkin Crunch Dump Cake is one of the easiest desserts that you will ever make. A delicious pumpkin layer that is full of warm spices, topped with a buttery pecan crunchy topping makes this dessert perfect for any occasion.
We love easy dessert recipes that don’t take a lot of time to prepare, and this pumpkin dump cake is definitely one of them. Plus, the combination of pumpkin and warm spices makes it perfect for fall gatherings or holiday dinners.
Table of contents
❤️ Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- Perfect for fall gatherings or holiday dinners.
- A delicious combination of pumpkin and warm spices that will wow your friends and family.
- Requires minimal ingredients so you don’t have to worry about spending a lot of money at the grocery store.
You only need simple ingredients to help you make this pumpkin dump cake recipe. Gather these ingredients on your next trip to the grocery store so you can enjoy this delicious fall dessert recipe.
- pumpkin purée
- granulated sugar
- pumpkin pie spice
- large eggs
- evaporated milk
- yellow cake mix
See the recipe card below for quantities.
🔪 How to Make Pumpkin Crunch Dump Cake
Making this dessert is so easy. It only takes a few minutes of prep time and the oven does the rest of the work. Check out the full directions in the recipe card at the bottom of this post to find the full step-by-step instructions to make this pumpkin dessert recipe.
Step 1: Make the pumpkin filling
In a large bowl add together the pumpkin purée, sugar, pumpkin pie spice, salt, eggs and evaporated milk and mix until combined. Pour into the greased baking dish.
Step 2: Top with with cake mix
Dump the cake mix evenly as possible all over the top of the pumpkin mixture, spread out any hills of cake mix and evenly spread with your hands and pat down gently. Don’t push down to hard.
Step 3: Add pecans and bake
Sprinkle the chopped pecans all over top and drizzle the butter all over the top, almost covering everything. Bake in a 350 degree preheated oven and once done, let cool before slicing.
Do you want to change up this recipe and make it your own? Here are some ways that you can do that!
- Swap out the yellow cake mix for a spice cake mix for even more fall flavor.
- Add in some mini chocolate chips or butterscotch chips to the pumpkin filling for an added surprise.
- Top with whipped cream, vanilla ice cream, or caramel sauce before serving.
If you love easy and simple pumpkin dessert recipes you may also enjoy this Pumpkin Lasagna recipe.
Here is a quick overview of the tools that you need to make this pumpkin crunch dump cake recipe:
- mixing bowl
- 9×13 casserole dish
Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days. If you don’t have a lid for your casserole dish you can cover it tightly with plastic wrap to keep it fresh.
Here are a few tips that you can use to ensure that this recipe turns out perfectly for you when you make it.
- Be sure to use a 9×13 casserole dish and not a smaller one. If you use a smaller dish, the cake may overflow during baking.
- Use room temperature eggs for better mixing with the pumpkin filling.
- Try to spread the butter out evenly on the top so that all of the cake mix gets a little butter on it.
Do you have questions about this recipe? Here are the answers to the most commonly asked questions.
A dump cake is a type of dessert that requires minimal prep time and ingredients. It usually involves “dumping” ingredients into a baking dish, hence the name.
The cake is finished when it is golden brown on top.
🍽 More Pumpkin Recipes
Do you enjoy pumpkin recipes? If so, give these recipes a try:
Want to make this recipe? Print the recipe card below, or pin this recipe, so you can find it later.
Pumpkin Crunch Dump Cake
- large bowl
- 9×13 baking dish
- 15 ounces pumpkin purée
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs
- 12 ounces evaporated milk
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1 cup pecans chopped
- 1 cup butter melted
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Spray a 9×13 baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl add together the pumpkin purée, sugar, pumpkin pie spice, salt, eggs and evaporated milk and mix until combined. Pour into the baking dish.
- Dump the cake mix evenly as possible all over the top of the pumpkin mixture, spread out any hills of cake mix and evenly spread with your hands and pat down gently. Don’t push down to hard.
- Sprinkle the chopped pecans all over top and drizzle the butter all over the top, almost covering everything.
- Bake in the oven and once done, let cool before slicing.