Slow Cooker Orange Honey Glazed Chinese Chicken- This easy slow cooker dinner combines the sweetness of the orange marmalade and honey, the spiciness of red pepper flakes and the Asian flavors the whole family loves.
Slow Cooker Orange Honey Glazed Chinese Chicken is one of those meals that one you make it, you will be making it over and over. Guaranteed! It’s just so easy. You just mix everything in the slow cooker then add the chicken.
Mix it and stir it up…
Add the chicken and mix it so it is covered with the sauce.
I am a strong proponent on the throw and go dinner. If it can be easy and quick, I’m all for it! We all love this Slow Cooker Orange Honey Glazed Chinese Chicken. It’s inexpensive, easy to make, quick to put together, and did I mention super delicious? This easy spin on chicken drum sticks is so delicious , no one will believe it came from your slow cooker.
These babies are falling off the bone when you take them out of the slow cooker so be careful and use a pair of tongs to remove them. The trick is to not over cook them!! I place them on a foil lined baking sheet that I spray with Pam cooking spay. Then I slather them with some of the extra liquid that is still in the crock pot and broil about 3 minutes on each side.
After about 3 minutes on each side I add chopped scallions and toasted sesame seeds on top.
Make this delicious recipe!!!
- ½ cup Teriyaki Marinade
- ½ cup Honey
- ¼ cup Hoisin Sauce
- ¼ cup Orange Marmalade
- ½ tsp Red Pepper Falkes
- 21/2-3 lbs chicken drumsticks
- 1 scallion, thinly sliced
- Sesame seeds ( I use toasted )
- Combine teriyaki sauce, honey hoisin sauce, orange marmalade and red pepper flakes in a slow cooker. Stir to combine.
- Add chicken drumsticks to slow cooker and mix well so they are covered with sauce.
- Cook on low for about 3-4 hours. Time may vary depending on the size of your drumsticks
- Preheat broiler.
- Remove chicken from slow cooker and place on a foil lined cookie sheet. ( I spray mine with Pam)
- Bake under broiler for 3 minutes per side until desired crispiness and browness is reached
- Garnish with scallions and sesame seeds.
- If your preparing this recipe in an oven in oven:
- Bake chicken at 350 degrees for 1 hour, turning pieces over and basting with pan juices after 30 minutes. Garnish with green onion and sesame seeds before serving.