This Slow Cooker Ritz Chicken is a great recipe to make when you’re looking for an easy and delicious meal. The combination of the Ritz crackers, soup, and chicken makes it a hearty main dish that can be cooked in just a few hours.
One of the best things about this simple slow cooker chicken recipe is that you set the chicken to cook while you do other things so that you don’t have to spend to much time in the kitchen. That means that it’s perfect for busy weeknights when you have appointments or sports that you need to get to.
❤️ Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- This Ritz cracker chicken is a delicious meal that’s easy to make and full of flavor.
- The creamy sauce is rich and flavorful, while the Ritz crackers provide a crunchy texture.
- Plus, it’s cooked in the slow cooker so you don’t have to spend too much time in the kitchen!
To make this delicious recipe you will six simple ingredients. Yes, that’s right you only need six ingredients, and the best part is that you might even have these ingredients on hand already which means that you avoid a trip to the grocery store!
- skinless chicken breast
- cream of chicken soup
- sour cream
- ritz crackers
See the recipe card below for quantities.
🔪 How to Make Slow Cooker Ritz Chicken
Making this creamy chicken recipe is so simple. Just follow the instructions below and you will have a hearty slow cooker meal that your whole family will love in no time at all and with very little prep work.
Step 1: Mix together the soup and sour cream
Mix cream of chicken and sour cream in a medium sized bowl and set aside.
Step 2: Stir together the butter and crackers
Melt the butter in a microwave safe bowl and mix together the crushed up ritz crackers. Set aside.
Step 3: Add the chicken to the slow cooker
Spray the inside of a 8 quart slow cooker with cooking spray and place down the chicken breasts. Pour the soup mixture over top of the chicken. Spread around with a spoon if you have to.
Step 4: Top the chicken mixture with crackers
Sprinkle the crumb mixture over top making sure to coat evenly.
Step 5: Cook the chicken
Cover and cook on low 6-7 hours.
Step 6: Garnish and serve
Sprinkle parsley over top when done and serve!
Do you want to change up this recipe and make it your own? Here are some ways that you can do that!
- Vegetables: Add some mushrooms or peas to the chicken mixture for a little extra flavor and texture.
- Crackers: Use different types of crackers in place of the Ritz such as saltines, cheese-its, or club crackers.
- Soup: Swap out the cream of chicken soup and use cream of mushroom instead.
If you are like us and love slow cooker recipes like this one then you may also enjoy this Slow Cooker Chicken and Gravy recipe.
You will need a few basic kitchen tools to make this creamy slow cooker chicken recipe. Gather these tools and get ready to dive into a hearty meal that didn’t take much effort at all to make.
- slow cooker
- small bowl
- medium bowl or large measuring cup
Storage – Leftover chicken can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Reheating – Reheat your leftovers by placing them in a microwave safe dish and heating on high for 2-3 minutes or until heated through.
Freezing – I don’t recommend freezing the leftovers of this dish because the crackers will be soggy.
Here are a few tips that you can use to help make sure that this recipe turns out perfectly for you every time that you make.
- Instead of spraying the slow cooker with cooking spray, you could also use a slow cooker liner.
- You can add cheese to the this dish by layering it on top of the cream of chicken soup before you add the crackers.
- If you want to the crackers to stay crisp and not get soggy place a paper towel or thin kitchen towel across the top of your slow cooker underneath the lid. This will help absorb the moisture.
Do you have questions about this slow cooker Ritz chicken recipe? Here are the answers to the most commonly asked questions.
Serve this creamy chicken over some egg noodles or mashed potatoes. You could also add a side of vegetables, a tossed salad, or some dinner rolls to round out the meal.
Yes! Feel free to experiment and use whatever type of crackers that you have on hand. Saltines, cheese-its, club crackers, and Triscuits all work well in this dish.
Yes, this recipe can be doubled easily. Just be sure to use a larger slow cooker or two if needed.
🍽 More Slow Cooker Chicken Recipes
Do you enjoy slow cooker recipes, try these delicious recipes:
- Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Cheesesteaks
- Slow Cooker Rigatoni Chicken Alfredo
- Slow Cooker Asian Chicken Noodle Soup
📌 PIN IT!!
Want to make this recipe? Print the recipe card below, or pin this recipe, so you can find it later.
Slow Cooker Ritz Cracker Chicken
- mixing bowls
- slow cooker
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast
- 10.5 ounces cream of chicken soup
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 1/2 cup crushed up ritz crackers
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- Mix cream of chicken and sour cream in a medium sized bowl and set aside.
- Melt the butter in a microwave safe bowl and mix together the crushed up ritz crackers. Set aside.
- Spray the inside of a 8 quart slow cooker with cooking spray and place down the chicken breasts.
- Pour the soup mixture over top of the chicken. Spread around with a spoon if you have to.
- Sprinkle the crumb mixture over top making sure to coat evenly.
- Cover and cook on low 6-7 hours.
- Sprinkle parsley over top when done and serve!