Sweet Potato Pecan Bread
This Sweet Potato Pecan Bread is perfect for the fall and holiday season. Plus, it’s a simple homemade bread recipe that’s packed full of taste and flavor!
Who knew that you could use sweet potatoes and make them into a delicious loaf of bread?!
This the season for all things sweet potatoes. don’t just serve sweet potatoes at dinner serve them for dessert too! That’s right, this sweet and savory bread is one that goes perfectly with everything from breakfast to an after-dinner treat.
Can I use real sweet potatoes for this recipe?
If you want to take the extra steps to cook a sweet potato first before adding it into the bread recipe, go for it! We like to use the shortcut of using canned sweet potatoes because it really does save a nice chunk of time. (and if you happen to be making this for the holidays or for others to enjoy, you’re going to want to save as much time as possible!) And as easy as possible of course.
How do I know when this sweet potato pecan bread is done cooking?
We always use the toothpick method. since all ovens are different and can vary. Insert a toothpick, if it comes out clean your bread is done! If it’s not clean, it needs more time.
We can’t recommend this simple bread recipe any more! It’s so simple and has such a great taste and flavor. The added pecans give it a great texture that makes it hearty and filling at the same time.
Whip up a loaf or two of this simple Sweet Potato Pecan Bread needs to be on your radar this baking season! It freezes well if you want to freeze a loaf in case company drops by or if you want to drop by a friends house and give it as a small gift for the holiday season.
OTHER DESSERTS YOU MIGHT LIKE:
Sweet Potato Pecan Bread
- 1 15 oz. can sweet potatoes(drain, saving 2 TBSP liquid)
- 1 ¼ cup sugar
- ⅓ cup water
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 ¾ cups flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ¾ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- ¼ tsp. baking powder
- ½ cup pecans (chopped)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prep bread pan with baking spray. Set aside.
- Add the sweet potatoes, the reserved sweet potato liquid in a large bowl. Mash the sweet potatoes. Add sugar, water, oil and eggs to the mashed sweet potatoes. Mix well.
- Slowly add the flour, baking soda, salt, baking powder, and pumpkin pie spices. Stir to mix well.
- Add the chopped pecans, stirring to mix.
- Pour the the batter into the bread pan. Use a butter knife to even the op of the batter.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 70 minutes. (Insert a toothpick in the center to make sure the bread is done, The toothpick should come out clean,)
- Remove from the oven. Allow to cool for 15 minutes while still in the pan.
- Turn out the bread on a wire rack to cool completely.