Glazed Orange Bread
This Glazed Orange Bread is full of citrus flavors. Covered with a sweet orange glaze, it is perfection in a quick bread!
Do you love a good quick bread? We love them. They are perfect for breakfast, snacks and dessert. This Orange Glazed Bread is so amazingly delicious and can be made year round since oranges are always readily available. You can easily make this with lemons or limes or go crazy and make a citrus bread by mixing all three together! So good.
This Orange Glazed Bread is the perfect bread to serve for a brunch. Think Mother’s Day or a Bridal shower with a Mimosa. They go so well together. Mimosas are a classic brunch cocktail made with orange juice and champagne and this would be a perfect accompaniment.
Sometimes on the weekends we like to splurge and have a treat for breakfast and this is the kind of thing we reach for. A slice of this glazed quick bread and a hot cup of coffee and it’s all about comfort food. And let’s face it if we go for the eggs and toast we will be having this for a snack or dessert later anyways.
Quick breads really are a great dessert, snack or breakfast choice and what I like about them is you can make them ahead of time and freeze them just don’t glaze them before you freeze them. For instance you can make this bread ahead of time, freeze it then glaze it before your ready to serve. Just allow enough time for the glaze to harden before your ready to serve. This way you always have a dessert on hand in case company stops by or you get a last minute invitation to go to a friends house and don’t have time to bake something.
OTHER DESSERTS YOU MIGHT LIKE:
Glazed Orange Bread
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 cup Greek yogurt, plain
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp. orange zest
- 1/2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp. fresh squeezed orange juice
- 1 1/2 tbsp. orange zest
- 1. Preheat the oven to 350. Prep a 9x5 loaf pan with a coat of non-stick spray and set aside.
2. In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt until combined.
3. Using a large mixing bowl, whisk together the Greek yogurt, sugar, eggs, orange zest and vanilla until combined
4. Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, mixing until combined and smooth. Whisk in the coconut oil until combined.
5. Pour batter into loaf pan and bake until a toothpick comes out of the center clean, about 50 minutes.
6. Remove from oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes before turning over onto a wire rack to allow to cool fully.
7. In a medium bowl, whisk together the powdered sugar, orange juice and orange zest until well combined.
8. Pour glaze over the bread. Allow glaze to set and harden just a bit before slicing and serving.