Trout with Garlic Lemon Butter Herb Sauce – A simple and delicious way to prepare this fish. It has amazing flavor and perfect for a weeknight meal or company dinner.
Trout fillets are a delicious mild fish. Adding garlic and parsley along with some butter and white wine is just enough to give the trout all the flavor it needs.
Trout with Garlic Lemon Butter Sauce is so simple to make. First you start by adding olive oil to a pan and cooking the trout fillets flesh side down for about 4 minutes.
This is one of the best trout recipes I have ever made! I use this recipe for salmon also. We love it that much. It had garlic, butter and wine so what’s not to love?!
Trout with Garlic Lemon Butter Herb Sauce will be one of your go to recipes!
Trout with Garlic Lemon Butter Herb Sauce is flaky, simple and delicious!
Make this Trout with Garlic Lemon Butter Herb Sauce today!
Trout with Garlic Lemon Butter Herb Sauce
Trout with Garlic Lemon Butter Herb Sauce - A simple and delicious way to prepare this fish. It has amazing flavor and perfect for a weeknight meal or company dinner.
- 1 lb trout fillet Cut in half
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 large garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 tbsp white wine
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice plus lemon slices
- 3 tbsp parsley ,chopped
- Season the top of fish fillets with Italian seasoning and salt and pepper. In a skillet heat 2 tablespoons olive oil on medium heat until heated but not too hot. To the skillet add fish fillets skin side up , flesh side down. Cook the flesh side of the fish for about 4 minutes on medium heat, making sure the oil is not too hot, until lightly browned. (like the picture above)Flip the fillet's over, skin side down. Cook for another 4 minutes on Keeping heat on medium heat. Cover and remove fish from heat and let fish sit in pan for another 5 minutes or so to finish cooking. do not overcook fish or it will be dry. Sometimes depending on how thick your fillet is you may only need 3-4 minutes.After the fish is cooked through, with a spatula, remove fillets to the plate. Add chopped garlic, lemon juice, and white wine to the same pan.Cook on medium-low heat for about 1 minute, until garlic softens a little bit. Add chopped parsley, and 2 tablespoons of butter. Let butter melt then add fish back to the pan. Add lemon slices on fish fillets and spoon sauce over the fish. Serve