I have made many poke cakes in my day and I just love this one. I like the fact that it has just enough chocolate and uses a yellow cake and not a chocolate one. Don’t get me wrong, the chocolate one’s are delicious too but I think this one gives you more of the peanut butter flavor and for me that’s what it’s all about!! So I would use a white or yellow cake mix for this to get the full peanut butter flavor.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Poke Cake
- 1 box yellow cake mix, plus the ingredients to make the cake
- 2/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup chocolate syrup ( I use Hershey’s )
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 8 oz cool whip, thawed
- 1 (16oz) can chocolate frosting
- Prepare cake according to package directions, adding in 2/3 cup peanut butter before mixing. Bake cake in a greased 9 x 13-inch glass pan.
- While cake is baking , mix sweetened condensed milk and chocolate syrup together and blend it well.
- When the cake is done and while it’s still hot, poke holes in it with a fork or end of a wooden spoon.
- Pour milk mixture over the cake. Allow cake to cool completely.
- Carefully combine chocolate frosting and Cool Whip. Mixing it well.
- Spread over the top of cake. Chill and enjoy .