This Air Fryer Apricot Glazed Chicken is delicious and so easy to make. The apricot glaze adds a sweet, tangy flavor that pairs perfectly with the juicy chicken. Serve it as an appetizer or main course, either way it’s sure to be a hit!
I love to serve this dish for special occasions. It’s such a unique flavor combination that always adds something extra to the festivities! Plus, this dish looks great on any table setting! I’m sure your guests will be impressed.
Table of contents
❤️ Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- With a caramelized exterior and juicy center this chicken is the perfect blend of sweet and savory.
- Plus, it can be on the time in under 30 minutes which is perfect for busy weeknights.
- With the sweet flavor even the kids will love this chicken recipe.
To make this tender air fryer chicken recipes, you will need a few simple ingredients. You most likely have most of these ingredients on hand in your pantry, which means you may not need to make a trip to the grocery store!
- Boneless skinless chicken thighs
- Apricot jam
- Soy sauce
- Dijon mustard
- Ginger paste
- Minced garlic
- Salt and pepper to taste
See the recipe card below for quantities.
🔪 How to Make Air Fryer Apricot Glazed Chicken
Making this glazed chicken recipe is so simple, just follow the steps below and you will have a flavorful meal that your whole family will love in no time at all. So, whip out that air fryer because you are going to thank me for this tasty recipe.
Step 1: Season the chicken
Season the chicken thighs with salt and pepper to taste, and put into a baking dish or tray that fits into your air fryer.
Step 2: Air fry the chicken
Air fry for 10 minutes.
Step 3: Make the sauce
While the chicken is cooking, add the remaining ingredients to a saucepan over medium heat, and simmer until well combined and thickened. Remove, and set aside.
Step 4: Finish cooking the chicken
Remove the chicken, flip over, and air fry for another 6-8 minutes until cooked through completely. Brush the chicken with the glaze, and air fry another 2-3 minutes to caramelize.
Do you want to change up this recipe and make it your own? Here are some ways that you can do that!
- Spicy – Season the chicken thighs with cayenne pepper or crushed red pepper flakes to add a little heat.
- Sugar Free – If you are watching your sugar or counting carbs, you can make this recipe low carb by using sugar-free jam instead of regular.
- Jam – Instead of apricot jam, try using orange marmalade or peach jam instead for a little different flavor.
If you love chicken recipes like this one, then next time you may want to give this Oven Baked BBQ Chicken Legs recipe a try!
You only need a few kitchen tools to help you make this simple air fried chicken recipe. Gather these tools and get ready to enjoy this delicious dish.
- air fryer
- baking dish
- bbq brush
Storage – Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge to up to three days.
Freezing – You can freeze leftover chicken in a freezer-safe bag or container for up to three months.
Here are a few tips to make sure that this recipe turns out perfectly for you every time that you make it.
- Before you start making this recipe, make sure that you find an oven-safe baking dish that will fit into your air fryer. A glass pie or metal baking pan will work just fine.
- Brush both sides of the chicken with the glaze for the best flavor. To caramelize both sides of the chicken flip it brush with sauce, then air fry again, And, repeat on the other side until both sides are caramelized.
- The sauce will be thin while it’s hot, however it will thicken while it stands.
Do you have questions about this recipe? Here are the answers to the most commonly asked questions.
I prefer to reheat in the air fryer at 350 degrees for 2-3 minutes. You could also reheat in the microwave for about 1-2 minutes or until warm all the way through.
The internal temperature of chicken should be 165 degrees f. Use an instant read meat thermometer for the most accurate results.
Yes, chicken breasts will also work well for this recipe, however you will need to increase the cooking time depending on the thickness of your chicken breasts.
🍽 More Chicken Recipes
Do you enjoy chicken, try these delicious recipes:
📌 PIN IT!!
Want to make this recipe? Print the recipe card below, or pin this recipe, so you can find it later.
Air Fryer Apricot Glazed Chicken
- Air Fryer
- Baking dish
- bbq brush
- 5 Boneless skinless chicken thighs
- ½ cup apricot jam
- 1 teaspoon Soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Ginger paste
- 2 teaspoons Minced garlic
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the air fryer to 375 degrees.
- Season the chicken thighs with salt and pepper to taste, and put into a baking dish or tray that fits into your air fryer.
- Air fry for 10 minutes.
- While the chicken is cooking, add the remaining ingredients to a saucepan over medium heat, and simmer until well combined and thickened. Remove, and set aside.
- Remove the chicken, flip over, and air fry for another 6-8 minutes until cooked through completely.
- Brush the chicken with the glaze, and air fry another 2-3 minutes to caramelize.