These Air Fryer Surf and Turf Packets are an easy way to enjoy everyone’s favorite pairing. Large shrimp and New York strip steak are air-fried in foil packets to deliver a delicious, perfectly cooked meal that’s so easy.
We are consummate meat eaters in our house. Whether it’s from the sea of the land, if it’s meat we love it, and one of our favorite dishes is surf and turf. We love the flavor, but we don’t love all the cleanup that goes with the traditional way of preparing it. That’s why we made this air fryer version that cooks everything at once!
Table of contents
❤️ Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- It only uses a few simple ingredients to make.
- It’s an easy recipe that you can make quickly and easily in the air fryer.
- It combines perfectly cooked shrimp and steak for a meal that any meat lover will adore.
- It’s a keto-friendly dish, so if you’re doing the keto thing, you’ll love this one.
Everything you need to make this recipe is only one quick trip to the grocery store away, and you might just have several of the ingredients in your kitchen right now. Be sure to check the recipe card for the exact amounts.
- Large shrimp – peeled and deveined
- Good quality steak cut into bite-sized pieces
- Olive oil
- soy sauce
- Lemon juice
- Bay leaves
- Worcestershire sauce
- Yellow squash, sliced thin and halved
- Zucchini sliced and then halved
- Garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
🔪 How to Make Air Fryer Surf and Turf Foil Packets
Making this classic dish is just as easy as the quick trip to the grocery store it takes to get everything you need. You’ll be in and out of the kitchen in just a few minutes!
Step 1: Marinate the Steak and Shrimp
Add the steak, shrimp, lemon juice, olive oil, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, and bay leaves in a large mixing bowl and toss to combine well. Marinate for up to 4 hours in the refrigerator.
Step 2: Season the Vegetables
Toss the zucchini and squash in garlic powder and salt and pepper to taste.
Step 3: Make the Surf and Turf Foil Packets
Cut four long pieces of foil and place them on a flat surface. Add 1/4 of the vegetable mixture to the center of each sheet of foil. Then, add 1/4 of the steak and shrimp mixture over the vegetables. Fold the end of the foil up and over the surf and turf and fold the sides of the foil up to form a closed packet.
Step 4: Air Fry
Cook the packets for 15 minutes at 400 degrees. Then, open the packets and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
Do you want to change up this recipe and make it your own? Here are some ways that you can do that!
- Spicy – Add red pepper flakes to the marinade.
- Steak – Use NY strip, rib eye, or sirloin steak for this recipe.
- Reduced Sodium – Use reduced sodium soy sauce.
If you think this looks good, then we think you’ll enjoy our air fryer Mongolian beef.
- Measuring cups
- Air fryer
Store this recipe in an air-tight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. For longer storage, freeze it for up to 3 months in an air-tight, freezer-safe container or heavy-duty freezer bag.
- Always preheat your air fryer for even cooking and proper cooking times.
- Be sure to fold your packets loosely so there’s a bit of air in them.
- Be careful when unfolding the packets. There will be steam inside!
Do you have questions about this recipe? Here are the answers to the most commonly asked questions.
Surf and turf is a main course combining seafood with red meat.
Surf and turf combines high-quality steak along with lobster, prawns, shrimp, or scallops. These can be steamed, grilled, or fried.
🍽 More Recipes
Do you enjoy air fryer recipes? Then try these delicious recipes:
📌 PIN IT!!
Want to make this recipe? Print the recipe card below, or pin this recipe, so you can find it later.
Air Fryer Surf and Turf Packets
- large bowl
- medium bowl
- 6 quart air fryer
- 1 pound Large shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1 pound NY strip steak cut into chunks
- 3 tablespoons Olive oil
- 3 tablespoons Soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons Lemon juice
- 2 Bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Yellow squash sliced and then halved
- 1 Zucchini sliced and then halved
- ½ teaspoon Garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Add the steak and shrimp to a large mixing bowl.
- Place the lemon juice, olive oil, soy sauce, worcestershire and bay leaves into the mixing bowl with the steak and shrimp, and toss to combine well.
- Marinate the steak and shrimp for up to 4 hours.
- Toss the zucchini and squash slices in garlic powder and salt and pepper to taste.
- Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees.
- Cut four long pieces of tin foil, and place onto a flat surface.
- Add a ¼ of the squash and zucchini mixture to the center of each sheet of tin foil.
- Remove the shrimp and steak from the marinade, and place a ¼ of the mixture over the top of the vegetables on each sheet of tin foil.
- Fold the long ends of the foil up, and roll closed.
- Roll up the remaining sides of the foil to form a closed packet.
- Place into the air fryer and cook for 15 minutes.
- Open the packets, and cook for an additional 5 minutes.