Banana Cream Pie Shots combine cream, banana liqueur, whipped vodka, and banana flavoring to create a decadent taste of the tropics with a boozy kick that’s perfect for any party.
Every good party needs two things – great food and fun mixed drinks. We love to do our parties up big-time, so we make sure we have both of these. These delicious banana shots fit the bill because they taste like banana pie infused with vodka.
Table of contents
❤️ Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- It’s an easy Jello shot recipe that everyone will love.
- It’s a creamy alcoholic treat full of banana flavor.
- It’s super easy to make.
You’ll only need a few ingredients that you can find at any grocery store. If your grocery store doesn’t have an alcohol section, any liquor store will have the liqueur and the vodka. Be sure to check the recipe card for exact amounts.
- Unflavored gelatin
- Boiling water
- Banana flavoring
- Heavy cream
- 99 proof banana liqueur
- Whipped vodka
- Yellow gel food coloring
- Whipped Cream
- Mini Nilla Wafers
🔪 How to Make Banana Cream Pie Shots
This easy recipe comes together quickly and easily. The longest part of the recipe is just waiting for the shots to set!
Step 1: Dissolve the Gelatin
Bring the water to a boil in a small saute pot. Then, add the gelatin and mix to combine.
Step 2: Add the Remaining Ingredients
Quickly whisk in the cream, banana flavoring, banana liqueur, and vodka. Then, add the food coloring and mix until combined.
Step 3: Chill
Pour the mixture into plastic cups and refrigerate for 2 to 3 hours until firm. Garnish with whipped cream and mini Nilla Wafers and enjoy.
Do you want to change up this recipe and make it your own? Here are some ways that you can do that!
- Use pineapple liqueur for a pineapple banana shot
- Try using rum in place of vodka for extra tropical flavor.
If you think these banana cream pie shots sound good, then check out our key lime pie shots.
- Measuring cups and spoons.
- Small plastic cups
Store these shots in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
- Fully dissolve the gelatin in the water before adding the other ingredients.
- Work quickly when whisking in the remaining ingredients.
- Chill these shots for a minimum of 3 hours. Overnight is better.
Do you have questions about this recipe? Here are the answers to the most commonly asked questions.
Technically, you can freeze them, but it’s not recommended. The longer they’re in the freezer, the more they lose their flavor and their shape.
No. In fact, placing them in the freezer will create a layer of ice and cause freezer burn.
They don’t. Their sweet flavor masks the alcohol, which leads you to consume more of them and thus, more alcohol, than you realize.
🍽 More Recipes
Do you enjoy Jello shots? Then try these delicious recipes:
📌 PIN IT!!
Want to make this recipe? Print the recipe card below, or pin this recipe, so you can find it later.
Banana Cream Pie Shots
- Measuring Cups and Spoons
- Small plastic cups
- 3 ounces unflavored gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 teaspoon Banana flavoring
- 3 ounces heavy cream
- 1 ½ ounces 99 proof Banana Liqueur
- 1 ½ ounces Whipped Vodka
- Yellow gel food color
- Whip Cream garnish
- Nilla small wafer cookies garnish
- In a small saute pot add the water and bring to a boil.
- Add the gelation and mix to combine.
- Quickly whisk in cream, banana flavoring, banana liqueur, and vodka..
- Add food coloring and whisk until combined
- Pour your jello mixture into plastic cups.
- Refrigerate until firm, about 2-3 hours.
- Garnish and serve.