Lemon Jello Shots take the classic combination of lemon and whiskey and put it into tasty Jello shots. These tasty adult treats are topped with whipped cream and ready to make your party amazing!
Parties are always better with alcohol, right? Right. Of course, be responsible when downing these delicious lemon and whisky Jello shots, but do down a couple. They’re so good!
Table of contents
❤️ Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- They only take a handful of simple ingredients.
- They’re quick and easy and make a fantastic addition to any party.
- Lemon and whiskey is a classic combination that everyone loves.
The following are affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
You’ll only need a few ingredients to make this recipe, and they’re all easy to come by. Check out the recipe card at the end of the post for exact amounts.
- Lemon Jello
- Cold whisky
- Cool Whip
- Gold sprinkles
- Rainbow candy pieces
🔪 How to Make Lemon Jello Shots
This is a super quick and easy recipe that will have you in and out of the kitchen in no time!
Step 1: Make the Jello Shot Mixture
Bring 1 cup of water to a boil in a small pan. Then, add the Jello and whisk until dissolved. Remove from the heat and add 1 cup of cold water and then cold whisky.
Step 2: Chill
Place the shot glasses on a try and fill them 2/3 full with the Jello mixture. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours until set.
Step 3: Serve
When ready to serve, top with Cool Whip and a rainbow candy piece.
Do you want to change up this recipe and make it your own? Here are some ways that you can do that!
- Cinnamon Shots – Use cherry Jello and Fireball whisky.
- Jello – Use your favorite flavor of Jello for this recipe.
- Whisky – Use your favorite brand of whisky. They all work well!
If you’re looking for another great Jello shot, check out these pool party Jello shots.
- Measuring cup
- Shot glasses
Store these shots without whipped cream covered in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
- Be sure your water is at a full boil before adding the Jello so it dissolves and activates correctly.
- Use cold whisky in the same way you’d use cold water when mixing the Jello shots.
- Don’t add too much whisky or your shots won’t set.
Do you have questions about this recipe? Here are the answers to the most commonly asked questions.
You can, but not because the flavor will be too strong. Rather, too much alcohol will prevent the Jello from setting properly.
They don’t. In reality, the sweetness of the shots masks some of the alcohol, so people end up consuming more of them, not realizing the amount of alcohol they’re ingesting.
No. Contrary to popular belief, placing Jello shots in the freezer won’t make them set any faster. What it will do is cause a layer of ice to form on them as well as cause freezer burn.
🍽 More Recipes
Do you enjoy Jello shots? Then try these delicious recipes:
📌 PIN IT!!
Want to make this recipe? Print the recipe card below, or pin this recipe, so you can find it later.
Lemon Jello Shots
- measuring cup
- Shot glasses
- 3.4 ounces lemon Jell-O
- 1/2 cup cold whisky
- 1 cup Cool Whip
- Gold sprinkles
- Air Head Extreme Bites
- In a small pan, bring 1 cup of water to a boil. Add Jell-O mix and whisk until dissolved.( If using alcohol)
- Remove from heat and whisk in 1 more cup of cold water and the whisky.
- Place shot glasses on a tray and pour in jello mixture until about ⅔ full.
- Refrigerate for about 2 hours or until fully set
- Top each cup with whipped cream and a rainbow piece.