Black Forest Cake Mix Cookie Recipe starts out with a chocolate fudge cake mix and summer fresh chopped cherries.
Black Forest Cake Mix Cookies dough basically starts out with Ooey Gooey Butter Cookie dough. I know you have seen it all over the place. It consists of cake mix, butter, cream cheese, and egg.
After everything was mixed together we added chopped walnuts and folded it in. Once the walnuts are folded in we added the chopped fresh cherries.
Fold the cherries very gently so they don’t get squished too much.
Black Forest Cake Mix Cookies are so simple to make. The hardest part is cutting the cherries. I cut them into quarters then take out the pit.
t Cake Mix Cookies are a cinch to make since it starts out with a cake mix. I love cake mix cookies. They are so versatile.
So when you have an extra cake mix or some strawberries or cherries in the house mix up a batch of cookies for yourself.
Make these delicious Black Forest Cake Mix Cookies today!
Other Cookies You like:
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 8 oz cream cheese, room temp
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1 1/2 cups fresh cherries, cut into quarters cut cherries into half then cut half in half
- 1 box Betty Crocker Dark Chocolate Cake Mix or your favorite dark chocolate cake mix
- powdered sugar for topping (optional)
1. Cream butter and cream cheese with mixer. Add the egg, vanilla extract and l and mix until combined.
2. Add the cake mix. I do this by mixing with one hand and pouring the cake mix with the other a little at a time. Don't put the cake mix in all at once it will be hard to mix.
3. Now add in the nuts and stir them in. Now add in the cherries and very carefully and slowly fold in.
4.Refrigerate the dough for 2 - 3 hours.
5.Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
6.Roll into 1 - 1 1/4 inch balls. Dough might be sticky when your rolling your cookies so just roll as best you can. I sometimes dampen my hands with a bit of water. Place on cookie sheets lined with parchment paper. Bake 12-15 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool for 2 minutes and remove to cooling racks.
7. When top with powdered sugar if you like.