Blueberry Mojitos Recipe
Blueberry Mojitos are fun and easy refreshing summer cocktails featuring fresh blueberries , mint, lime juice, sugar, club soda and rum. Grab a glass and sip one by the pool!
I love Mojitos. They have been a favorite drink since the first time I tried them years ago. The first time I tried them it was just a plain mojito. I loved the flavor of the mint and lime mixed together plus they used simple syrup or sugar to sweeten it up. I loved it!
Blueberry Mojitos are refreshing sweet and tart all at the same time. They are perfect for when those sweet berries start coming in in late spring and summer but really blueberries are readily available year round so you can make these any time of year. You can even you frozen berries if you had to.
Do you have a favorite drink? This one reminds me of summer it’s so cool and refreshing. They go down very easily so be careful. This blueberry mojito is just like your regular mojito with the addition of blueberries.
Did you know NATIONAL MOJITO DAY is July 11th? Yes they have a day for everything don’t they! But this is a day I like!!
We spend a lot of our time in Maine and they have the best sweet little berries. You see stands on the side of the roads that are on the honor system. Before berry season is over it’s a great way to stock up and freeze some of these little gems.
This recipe makes 2 blueberry mojitos, but you might want to double it because they go down easy! And if you have quest you can easily quadruple the recipe.
OTHER DRINK YOU MIGHT ENJOY:
- 1 cup blueberries, plus about 1 tbsp more for garnishing
- 4 oz. white rum
- 10 fresh mint leaves plus more for garnishing
- 2 tsp. white sugar
- 4 tbsp. fresh squeezed lime juice
- 5-6 oz. club soda
- ice cubes to fill your glasses
- 1. In a small pitcher Muddle blueberries until smooth. (SEE NOTE)2. Muddled mint leaves and sugar. (SEE NOTE)3. Pour into glasses and stir in rum and lime juice.4. Add ice to cocktail. 5. Garnish with extra blueberries, mint and lime. NOTE: This can be made in a pitcher all at once and just poured over ice Perfect if making a double batch to store in fridge!