Slow Cooker Brisket is fall-apart tender, juicy, and loaded with classic BBQ flavor. The best part is that it’s made in the slow cooker, so you can make it without a smoker. And bonus, you can make it any time of year!
This Slow Cooker Brisket is melt in your mouth delicious! Tender brisket cooks all day in the slow cooker until it is cooked perfectly. Using the slow cooker is a sure fire way to make the most fabulous brisket that comes out perfect every time.
We love this recipe because brisket is honestly the best BBQ anyone can make. There’s just nothing better. The problem is that if you use a smoker or grill, we’re limited to making it during nice weather in the summer. With this slow cooker brisket, though, we can make it any time of year. WOOT!
Table of contents
❤️ Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- It’s tender, juicy, and BBQ-licious.
- It’s a slow cooker recipe, so it’s easy and can be made any time of year.
- It’s ridiculously easy!
- It’s a great meal for a crowd that takes very little effort to make.
It only takes a few simple ingredients to make this recipe. Outside of the brisket, you might already have everything you need in your kitchen right now! See the recipe card at the end of the post for exact quantities.
- Brisket, trimmed
- Beef broth
- Worcestershire sauce
- BBQ sauce, divided
- Smoked paprika
- Brown sugar
- Onion powder
- Garlic salt
- Black pepper
- Parsley (for optional garnish)
🔪 How to Make Slow Cooker Brisket
Making this brisket takes almost no effort whatsoever. It just takes a few minutes of prep and a few simple steps.
Step 1: Add the Ingredients to the Slow Cooker
Add the brisket to the slow cooker. Then, pour in the beef broth and soy sauce. Add the smoked paprika, brown sugar, onion powder, garlic salt, and black pepper, then pour 1/2 cup of the BBQ sauce over all of it.
Step 2: Cook
Cook on low for 8 to 10 hours until tender.
Step 3 (Optional): Give the Brisket a Crust
Remove the brisket and place it on a foil-lined baking sheet. Brush it with the remaining BBQ sauce and broil until a brown crust is formed.
Step 4: Slice or Pull
Slice the brisket against the grain for nice slices or slice with the grain for pulled brisket.
Do you want to change up this recipe and make it your own? Here are some ways that you can do that!
- Spicy – Add diced jalapenos to the slow cooker for a kick of heat and extra flavor.
- BBQ Sauce – Use your favorite brand and variety of BBQ sauce for this brisket.
- Serving – Serve sliced with mashed potatoes. Serve sliced or pulled on buns.
For more slow-cooked, beefy goodness, check out our glazed crock pot corned beef and cabbage.
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Mixing bowl
- Slow cooker
- Baking sheet
- Cutting board
Refrigerate for up to 4 days in an air-tight container. For longer storage, freeze the brisket for up to 3 months in an air-tight, freezer-safe container.
- Do not try to cook this on the high setting. You need the lower temperature and time to let the fat and collagen in the brisket break down.
- Choose a brisket with a healthy amount of fat for the most tender finished product.
- When broiling the brisket, be sure to take it out when you get a nice crust. Don’t burn it!
Do you have questions about this recipe? Here are the answers to the most commonly asked questions.
Brisket is a cut of beef from the steer’s chest. It’s a tough, fibrous, fatty cut of beef, but that’s exactly why it’s so good when it’s cooked low and slow.
Brisket is an exceptionally tough cut of beef. It’s also exceptionally full of fat marbling and connective tissues. That fat and collagen break down when the beef is cooked low and slow, transforming that tough hunk of beef into succulent, juicy, fall-apart brisket that we all know and love.
While it’s technically possible to overcook brisket in a slow cooker, brisket actually needs a lot of time and low heat to cook properly, so you’d have to make a concerted effort to do so.
🍽 More Recipes
Do you enjoy slow cooker recipes? Then try these delicious recipes:
📌 PIN IT!!
Want to make this recipe? Print the recipe card below, or pin this recipe, so you can find it later.
Slow Cooker Brisket
- slow cooker
- 5-7 pound brisket trimmed
- 1 cup beef broth
- 2 tablespoons worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 cup bbq sauce divided
- 2 tablespoons smoked paprika
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Parsley for garnish optional
- To your slow cooker add the brisket.
- Add in the beef broth and sauce sauce.
- Over the meat sprinkle the smoked paprika, brown sugar, onion powder, garlic salt, and black pepper.
- Pour over ½ cup of the bbq sauce.
- Cook on low for 8-10 hours until the brisket is tender.
- This next step is optional to get a crust on the brisket.
- Remove the brisket and place on a foil lined baking sheet, brush with remaining bbq sauce and broil until a brown crust is formed.
- You can skip that part and serve it straight from the slow cooker, both ways are delicious!
- You can slice the brisket against the grain for nice slices or with the grain for a more pulled brisket style.