Slow Cooker Cheesesteak Quesadillas
Slow Cooker Cheesesteak Quesadillas are one of the best mashups you’ll ever eat. Classic Philly cheesesteak filling is stuffed into a tortilla and pan-fried to golden perfection to make delicious quesadillas Philly style.
These cheesesteak quesadillas are so easy and a real crowd pleaser. Tiktok has been going crazy for take out quesadillas but they are so easy to make right in the crockpot at home!
Tender strips of beef, peppers and onions are slow cooked before getting piled in tortillas with plenty of melty cheese. These are delicious and a weeknight favorite!
We love making creative recipes, and mashups are particularly fun for us. That’s why we love this quesadilla recipe. It combines the cheesy sensibilities of quesadillas with the equally cheesy AND beefy flavor of Philly cheesesteak!
Table of contents
❤️ Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- It only takes a few simple ingredients to make.
- It’s a quick and easy recipe that’s loaded with flavors.
- It’s a versatile dish perfect for lunches, dinners, potlucks, or any kind of party.
This recipe only takes a handful of ingredients that you can easily find at the grocery store. The main ingredients are listed here, but you’ll find the complete list along with amounts in the recipe card at the end of the post.
- Sirloin steak cut into strips
- Frozen peppers and onions
- Beef broth
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
- Smoked paprika
- Shredded mozzarella cheese
- Shredded provolone cheese
🔪 How to Make Slow Cooker Cheesesteak Quesadillas
Making these quesadillas is quick and easy. The prep only takes a few minutes, and after that, the slow cooker does all the work.
Step 1: Cook the Beef
Add the meat, peppers, and onions to the slow cooker. Then, add the seasoning and beef broth. Cook on high for 3 to 4 hours or on low for 4 to 6 hours until the beef is tender.
Step 2: Construct the Tortillas
Drain the juice from the beef. Then, evenly distribute the cheese between 4 tortillas. Next, add one-quarter of the beef to each tortilla.
Step 3: Cook the Quesadillas
Spray cooking oil on a skillet and place one of the tortillas in a large nonstick skillet. Cook the quesadilla over medium-high heat for 2 to 3 minutes until golden. Then, fold it over and remove it from the pan. Enjoy!
Do you want to change up this recipe and make it your own? Here are some ways that you can do that!
- Spicy – Add diced jalapenos for a kick of heat.
- Sirloin Steak – You can make this with chicken or pork strips, as well.
- Cheese – Try using Mexican blend, Taco blend, or shredded cotija cheese.
If you think these cheesesteak quesadillas look good, then check out our chicken quesadilla ring!
- Cutting board
- Slow cooker
This recipe serves 4 so you shouldn’t have leftovers. If you think you won’t eat all of the quesadillas, then store the meat filling in an air-tight container for up to 4 days.
When ready to serve, heat the steak filling, place the cheese on the tortillas, and cook as directed in the instructions. If possible, DO NOT store the quesadillas assembled. They’ll get mushy.
- If you’re worried that your quesadilla might get soggy, lightly fry the inside of the tortilla before adding the filling.
- Slow cookers vary, so check your beef for tenderness before jumping into filling your tortillas.
- Cut the steak into strips about 1/2 inch thick.
Do you have questions about this recipe? Here are the answers to the most commonly asked questions.
If you don’t drain your filling enough or let them sit for too long, they’ll absorb the moisture and become soggy. They also get soggy if stored in the refrigerator as the liquid from the filling absorbs into them.
Construct quesadillas just prior to serving to avoid a soggy tortilla. You can also lightly fry the interior side of the tortilla before filling it to create a temporary barrier against excess moisture.
Check them for doneness after the allotted cooking time by using a fork. If it easily pierces the strips, they’re done.
🍽 More Recipes
Do you enjoy steak? Then try these delicious recipes:
📌 PIN IT!!
Want to make this recipe? Print the recipe card below, or pin this recipe, so you can find it later.
Slow Cooker Cheesesteak Quesadillas
- slow cooker
- large skillet
- 2 pounds top sirloin steak cut into strips
- 2 cups frozen peppers and onions
- 1 cup beef broth
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder I used Kinder caramelized onion
- ¼ teaspoon smoked paprika
- 4 burrito-sized tortillas
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella provolone cheese
- Spray oil
- In your slow cooker add the meat and peppers and onions.
- Sprinkle over the seasoning and beef broth.
- Slow cook on high for 3-4 hours, low for 4-6 until your beef is tender. Slow cookers vary so check your beef for tenderness.
- Drain the juice from the beef and start to assemble your quesadillas.
- Evenly distribute the cheese between the 4 tortillas.
- Place a quarter of the meat on each tortilla.
- In a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat spray a little oil and place down one of the tortillas with the meat and cheese.
- Cook the quesadilla for 2-3 minutes until the bottom is golden.
- Using a spatula fold the quesadilla over and remove from pan.
- Cut in half and serve!