This Slow Cooker Chocolate Chip Cookie makes the classic chocolate chip cookie cake so easy. It takes 5 minutes of prep and a little bit of cooking in the slow cooker, and when you’re done, you have classic chocolate chip cookie cake that has everyone coming back for more.
This super easy slow cooker chocolate chip cookie cake is incredibly good and will fix that sweet tooth in no time! With only a few ingredients too! Butter, Sugar, Brown Sugar, an Egg, Vanilla, Flour, Baking Soda, Salt and Chocolate Chips all combined makes the yummiest gooey cookie you’ll ever have!
We love making chocolate chip cookie cake, but it’s kind of a pain to do it in the oven. You have to have a pan that works, you have to bake it so that the entire thing cooks evenly. Why do that when you can just throw everything into a slow cooker and let it do its thing?
This cake is also a perfect way to make a sweet dessert in the hot summer months! No turning the stove on to heat up your house.
Table of contents
❤️ Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- It only uses a few basic baking ingredients.
- It’s the easiest way ever to make a chocolate chip cookie cake.
- It’s loaded with delicious flavor and perfect with some ice cream.
The ingredients for this recipe are most likely in your kitchen right now. There are zero special ingredients or ingredients that aren’t common in just about every kitchen. The main ingredients are listed here, but you’ll find the complete list along with the amounts in the recipe card at the end of the post.
- Butter, softened
- Brown sugar
- Chocolate chips
🔪 How to Make Slow Cooker Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake
Making this recipe is super easy. Mix the ingredients and pop them into the slow cooker. That’s it!
Step 1: Prep
Spray your slow cooker vessel with nonstick spray, then line it with 2 sheets of parchment paper. Trim any excess paper sticking out of the pot.
Step 2: Combine the Wet Ingredients
Beat the sugar, brown sugar, and butter in a medium to large mixing bowl until light and fluffy. Then, add the egg and vanilla and mix until combined.
Step 3: Add the Dry Ingredients
Add the flour, baking soda, and salt to the bowl and mix again until fully combined. then, fold in the chocolate chips using a silicone spoon.
Step 4: Cook
Add the dough to the slow cooker and flatten the top with the spoon. Then, sprinkle a few more chocolate chips on top. Cover and cook on high for 2 1/2 hours or on low for 5 hours. Slice and serve!
Do you want to change up this recipe and make it your own? Here are some ways that you can do that!
- Chocolate Chips – Use your favorite variety of chocolate chips. They all work.
- Candies – Try adding M&Ms, Reese’s Pieces, or chopped candy bars.
- Nuts – Add your favorite nuts to the dough.
If you like super easy treats like this, then check out our crock pot turtle candy.
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Mixing bowl
- Silicone spoon
- Slow cooker
- Parchment paper
Store this slow cooker chocolate chip cookie cake at room temperature in an air-tight container for up to 3 days. You can refrigerate it for up to a week in an air-tight container. For longer storage, freeze it for up to 3 months in an air-tight, freezer-safe container.
- Be sure to both spray your vessel and line it with parchment paper to make it easy to get the cookie out.
- Let the cookie rest for about 10 minutes to be sure it’s fully set before slicing it.
Do you have questions about this recipe? Here are the answers to the most commonly asked questions.
Although called a cake, a cookie cake is simply one very large cookie.
The only real difference is that a cookie is small and a cookie cake is large. They’re both made with cookie dough and baked at the same temperature. Cookie cake is usually decorated with frosting in addition to being one large cookie.
Yes. Just like regular cookies, cookie cakes can be stored at room temperature.
🍽 More Recipes
Do you enjoy chocolate chip cookies? Then try these delicious recipes:
📌 PIN IT!!
Want to make this recipe? Print the recipe card below, or pin this recipe, so you can find it later.
Slow Cooker Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake
- ½ cup butter 8 tablespoons, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
- Grease the pot of your slow cooker with cooking spray. Place 2 sheets of parchment paper down inside the pot. Trim any paper that’s sticking out of the pot
- In a medium-large bowl beat, sugar, brown sugar and butter (softened) until light and fluffy.
- Add in the egg and vanilla extract and continue mixing.
- Add in flour, baking soda and salt and mix again until fully combined.
- Add in the chocolate chips and using a silicone spoon fold the chocolate chips into the mixture.
- Pour cooking dough into the slow cooker, flatten the top with the spoon. Sprinkle a few more chips on top.
- Cover and cook on high for 2 and a half hours. Or on low for 5.
- Slice and serve!