These Slow Cooker BBQ Beef Sandwiches are loaded with piles of tender, juicy, zesty BBQ beef and cheddar cheese on soft buns. They’re the ultimate beef sandwich.
We love BBQ in any form. From brisket to sandwiches, if it’s BBQ, we’re definitely going to love it. One of our favorite ways to enjoy it is these slow cooker BBQ beef sandwiches. They’re easy to make and the zesty BBQ sauce mixed with the shredded beef is just amazing.
Table of contents
❤️ Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- It’s an easy slow cooker recipe that takes almost no effort.
- The beef is super tender and juicy, and the BBQ sauce is sweet and spicy.
- These are classic BBQ sandwiches that everyone will love.
You only need a handful of ingredients to make this recipe. They’re all simple, and they’re all easily found at your local grocery store. Be sure to check out the recipe card at the end of the post for exact quantities.
- Beef roast
- Onion powder
- Garlic salt
- Black pepper
- Smoked paprika
- Cajun seasonings
- BBQ sauce
- Cheddar cheese (optional)
🔪 How to Make Slow Cooker BBQ Beef Sandwiches
This is a slow cooker recipe, so you know it’s easy. Just throw everything in, wait, and then make the sandwiches. It’s really that easy!
Step 1: Season the Roast
Combine the seasonings in a small bowl. Then, sprinkle them on both sides of the roast.
Step 2: Cook the Roast
Add the roast to the slow cooker and pour 1 cup of BBQ sauce over it. Cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours until it falls apart with a fork.
Step 3: Shred
Shred the meat and add the remaining BBQ sauce to the slow cooker. Stir.
Step 4: Serve
Add sliced cheddar cheese to the buns if desired, then top with a big pile of BBQ pulled beef!
Do you want to change up this recipe and make it your own? Here are some ways that you can do that!
- Spicy – red pepper flakes, diced jalapenos, or pepperoncini for a kick of heat and flavor.
- BBQ Sauce – Use your favorite brand of BBQ sauce or make your own.
- Toppings – Crispy onions, coleslaw, or yellow slaw all make great toppings for these slow cooker BBQ beef sandwiches.
For another great slow cooker beef sandwich recipe, try these slow cooker cowboy sandwiches.
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Slow cooker
Refrigerate the BBQ beef for up to 3 days in an air-tight container. For longer storage, you can freeze it for up to 3 months in an air-tight, freezer-safe container.
- Rub the seasoning all over the roast before adding the BBQ sauce for the best flavor.
- Low and slow is best for this recipe. Don’t try to rush it on the high setting.
- While not required, you can sear the outside of the roast before cooking in the slow cooker for even more flavor.
Do you have questions about this recipe? Here are the answers to the most commonly asked questions.
Chuck roast is the undisputed king of slow cooker pulled BBQ beef. However, a close second is a brisket.
Look for a large roast with plenty of marbling – the fatty areas throughout the roast. This will break down as the roast cooks, making it super juicy and tender.
You can, but it’s very difficult. A chuck roast can be cooked for several hours on low heat to achieve a super tender, fall-apart result. However, if you were to somehow forget about it and cook it for a few hours too long, the roast would become dry and tough.
🍽 More Recipes
Do you enjoy slow cooker recipes? Then try these delicious recipes:
📌 PIN IT!!
Want to make this recipe? Print the recipe card below, or pin this recipe, so you can find it later.
Slow Cooker BBQ Beef Sandwiches
- slow cooker
- 2 pounds beef roast
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon cajun seasoning
- 2 cups bbq sauce
- Cheddar cheese optional
- In a small bowl combine the onion powder, garlic salt, black pepper, paprika, and cajun seasoning.
- Sprinkle the seasoning on both sides of the roast.
- Place the roast into the slow cooker.
- Pour 1 cup bbq sauce over the roast.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours until it falls apart with a fork.
- Shred the meat and add the remaining 1 cup of bbq sauce to the slow cooker, stir to combine.
- Serve on sub buns with sliced cheddar cheese if you prefer.