These Carrot Cake Mix Cookies are a great go-to dessert for any occasion. They are soft, chewy, and filled with sweet cream cheese frosting. If you love carrot cake you will love these.
One of our favorite things about this recipe is that you only need a few basic ingredients. So you don’t have to worry about spending a lot of money at the grocery store. You may already have these ingredients on hand.
Table of contents
❤️ Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- Super easy to make and they turn out soft and chewy every time.
- Perfect for any occasion you don’t have to wait for Easter to enjoy these cookies.
- The cream cheese frosting sandwiched between these cookies takes them over the top.
You only need a few simple ingredients. One of the great things about this recipe is that these ingredients are pantry staples so you don’t have to worry about making a last-minute trip to your local grocery store.
- carrot cake mix
- vegetable oil
- whipped cream cheese frosting
See the recipe card below for quantities.
🔪 How to Make These Carrot Cake Mix Cookies
Making these cookies is so simple. Just follow the step-by-step instructions here or in the recipe card at the bottom of the post and you will have chewy cookies in no time at all.
Step 1: Preheat the oven and prepare your baking sheet
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Step 2: Make the cookie dough
Beat together the cake mix, vegetable oil, and eggs until smooth and well combined.
Step 3: Shape the dough
Use a cookie scoop to scoop the dough into balls. Place the dough balls on the lined baking sheet around one inch apart. Lightly press down the top of the ball to flatten it slightly.
Step 4: Bake the cookies
Bake in the preheated oven for 9 to 11 minutes.
Step 5: Cool the cookies and then make the sandwiches
Allow the cookies to cool completely, then spread a thin layer of icing over the bottom of one cookie. Place a second cookie on top of the frosting to make a sandwich.
Do you want to change up this recipe and make it your own? Here are some ways that you can do that!
- Additions: Add some shredded carrots or chopped nuts to the cookie dough for a little extra crunch.
- Frosting: Swap out the cream cheese frosting and use your favorite flavored icing instead.
- Cinnamon Sugar: Roll the cookie dough balls in cinnamon sugar before you bake them.
Do you love carrot cake recipes? If so, you may also enjoy this Carrot Cake Roll recipe.
You only need a few kitchen tools to help you make this recipe. Here is a quick list of what you will need:
- cookie sheets or baking sheet
- parchment paper
- mixing bowl
- small cookie scoop or ice cream scoop
Store the cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to three days. If you make the sandwiches then I recommend that you store them in the fridge to keep the frosting cool.
Here are a few tips that you can use to ensure that these cookies turn out perfectly when you make them.
- Make sure that your oven is preheated before you place the cookies in it.
- Use a cookie scoop to help keep all of the cookies the same size so that they bake evenly.
- Do not overbake the cookies or they will be hard and dry.
- If you want to make sandwich cookies, then allow them to cool completely before you add the cream cheese frosting to the middle of them.
Do you have questions about this recipe? Here are the answers to the most commonly asked questions.
Yes, you can! Allow the cookies to cool completely and then place them in a freezer bag or container. They will keep for up to three months.
Yes, you can freeze the cookie dough for up to three months. To do this, scoop the cookie dough into balls and place them on a baking sheet. Place the baking sheet in the freezer and allow the cookie dough to freeze until it is solid. Then transfer them to an airtight container or bag and store them in the freezer. When you are ready to bake them just add a couple minutes to the baking time and bake them from frozen.
No, you do not need to chill the dough. The cookie dough is ready to go as soon as it is mixed together.
🍽 More Carrot Recipes
Do you enjoy carrot recipes? If so, try these delicious recipes:
📌 PIN IT!!
Want to make this recipe? Print the recipe card below, or pin this recipe, so you can find it later.
Carrot Cake Mix Cookies
- Mixing Bowl
- Cookie scoop
- cookie sheets lined with parchment paper
- 15.25 ounces carrot cake mix
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 14 ounces whipped cream cheese frosting
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Beat together the cake mix, vegetable oil, and eggs until smooth and well combined.
- Use a cookie scoop to scoop the dough into balls. Place the dough balls on the lined baking sheet around one inch apart. Lightly press down the top of the ball to flatten it slightly.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 9 to 11 minutes.
- Allow the cookies to cool completely, then spread a thin layer of icing over the bottom of one cookie. Place a second cookie on top of the frosting to make a sandwich.