Homemade Carrot Cake Truffles – all the flavor of carrot cake packed into a bite-sized truffle. A fun way to celebrate any party!
Homemade Carrot Cake Truffles are moist and sweet! So worth these making homemade instead of with a cake mix. not that I have never taken that shortcut but from scratch is so much better if you can swing it.
This carrot cake truffle has the perfect texture. It’s just moist enough without being super mushy and it’s not dry. We have had and made some truffle that have just not had the right texture. Carrot cake truffle have a sweet, slightly spicy carrot cake center. Perfect any time of year. These are great for Easter or even for the Fall since they do have that spice to them.
These carrot cake truffles would be a festive addition to any dinner party, potluck or celebration. Sometimes when we are going to a gathering I prefer bringing a dessert you can pick up with your fingers easily rather than a slice of cake. It’s so much easier.
These carrot cake truffles are like cake pops on steroids! So moist and dense and rich with flavor and spice. You can see how delicious this truffle looks so imagine how delectable it tastes!!
Homemade Carrot Cake Truffles are very easy to make. First you make the cake. The cake will create the base for the truffle filling. Once the cake bakes and cools you will crumble the cake up into a million crumbs.
Then you will mix the crumbled carrot cake with some cream cheese frosting. That is how you will get that rich, creamy deliciousness of the carrot cake truffle filling. Once you get the right consistency ( sort of like a cookie dough ) your going to roll out little balls then place into the fridge for 1 hour to harden.
Once the hour is up, remove from fridge. Using a double boiler, melt the white chocolate melting wafers. Once melted, using a fork, dip the cake ball into the melted chocolate and chopped pecans.
OTHER DESSERT RECIPES YOU MIGHT LIKE:
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup canola oil
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 1 cup chopped pecans , plus 1/2 C for topping
- 1 container of cream cheese frosting
- 1 16 oz. Ghirardelli white chocolate melting wafers
1. Spray a 9x13 baking dish with pam baking spray and set aside
2. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
3. Using a standing mixer, or hand held mixer mix until combined the sugar, oil and eggs
4. Mix in the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon until combined. Fold in the shredded carrots and 1 C pecan chips
5. Pour the batter into the 9x13 baking dish the oven for 30-40 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean
6. Allow cake to cool completely on a wire rack
7. Crumble the cake into fine crumbs into a large bowl
8. Mix in about 2-3 Spoonfuls of cream cheese frosting and mix until a dough forms
9. Using a small ice cream scoop, scoop out some of the cake mixture and roll into a ball. Place onto a cookie sheet
10. Repeat steps until all mixture has been molded into balls
11. Place into the fridge for 1 hour to harden
12. Once the hour is up, remove from fridge and place onto the counter
13. Using a double boiler, melt the white chocolate melting wafers
14. Once melted, using a fork, dip the cake ball into the melted chocolate
15. Lightly tap the edge of the pot to get rid of excess chocolate
16. Place back onto the cookie sheet and sprinkle with some chopped pecans
17. Repeat step until all balls have been dipped or all chocolate has been used
18. Allow the chocolate to harden for 15 minutes before enjoying!