This Cherry Delight is a sweet layered treat that starts with a pretzel and graham cracker crust, and then topped with creamy cherry filling and topped with crushed pretzels and cherries. This delicious no bake dessert is perfect for summer days or just a sweet treat anytime.
It’s easy to make and requires a few ingredients that you probably already have in your pantry. So you don’t have to worry about a last-minute trip to the store. Plus, the creamy cherry filling and crunchy pretzel topping make for an irresistible combination that your family will love.
Table of contents
❤️ Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- This Cherry Delight is a delicious no bake layered treat that is both sweet and crunchy.
- It’s the perfect summer dessert to cool off after a hot day outdoors or just when you crave something special.
- Plus, this easy recipe only requires pantry staples, so it’s great for last-minute entertaining or anytime you need a delicious dessert.
While the ingredient list to make this sweet treat may seem long you don’t have to worry about expensive ingredients you most likely already have most of these ingredients on hand already in your pantries so you may not even need to make a trip to the grocery store.
FOR THE CRUST:
- Graham Crackers
- Cream Cheese
- Cherry Pie Filling
- Whipped Cream
- Sweetened Condensed Milk
- Crushed Pineapple
- Shredded Coconut
- Whipped Cream
- Crushed Pretzels
- Maraschino Cherries
See the recipe card below for quantities.
🔪 How to Make This Cherry Delight Delight
Making this creamy cherry dessert recipe is so simple, just follow the step-by-step instructions below and you will have a delicious sweet treat that your whole family will enjoy in no time at all.
Step 1: Crush the graham crackers and pretzels
In a food processor or blender, crush the Graham Crackers into crumbs, and pour them into a bowl. Crush enough Pretzels to measure about 3/4 cups, that way you’ll have a few to sprinkle on top to Garnish.
Step 2: Make the crust
Measure 1/2 cup of the Pretzel crumbs, add to the bowl with the Graham Cracker Crumbs, and stir. Add Sugar, and stir. Add melted butter, and stir well to coat. Press the crumb mixture into an 8 X 8 pan/dish, and place in the freezer.
Step 3: Make the cream cheese layer
In a large bowl, add the Cream Cheese, and Cherry Pie Filling, and stir to blend. Whip the heavy Cream, and add to the bowl. Add the Eagle-brand Sweetened Condensed Milk, Crushed Pineapple, and Shredded Coconut, and mix well until completely blended.
Step 4: Layer the dessert
Remove the dish from the freezer, pour the Cherry Filling into the dish/pan, and smooth the top with the back of a spoon. Place the dish in the refrigerator overnight.
Step 5: Garnish the dessert
Before serving, place the dish in the freezer for 2 hours, to make sure it’s set, or firm. Cut into 3 X 3 squares. Top with Whipped Cream, Crushed Pretzels, and Maraschino Cherries. Serve, and Enjoy!
Do you want to change up this recipe and make it your own? Here are some ways that you can do that!
- Crust: Add crushed Oreos to the crust for a chocolatey twist.
- Fruits: Swap out the cherries with your favorite fruit of choice.
- Nuts: Use different nuts, such as pecans or walnuts, instead of pretzels on top.
If you love delicious no bake recipes like this one, then you may also enjoy this sweet Cherry Fluff recipe.
Here’s a quick list of the simple tools that you will need to help you make this sweet dessert recipe.
- Food Processor or Blender
- 8X8 pan/dish
- Electric Mixer
- Mixing bowls
Once prepared, this Cherry Delight should be immediately stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator. It will last up to 5 days when stored properly.
Here are a few tips that you can use to help you make this sweet cherry delight recipe.
- Make sure that your cream cheese is at room temperature so that you have a smooth filling.
- Use full-fat cream cheese and whipped topping for the best flavor.
- Try not to over-mix the filling or it will become runny.
Do you have questions about this recipe? Here are the answers to the most commonly asked questions.
This is called a delight because of its creamy texture and sweet flavor.
Yes, you can make this dessert up to 24 hours before serving. Store it in the refrigerator until you are ready to serve.
Yes, you can freeze this dessert for up to 3 months. Make sure that it is tightly sealed and stored in an airtight container so that it doesn’t get freezer burn or ice crystals.
🍽 More Cherry Recipes
Do you enjoy cherries, try these delicious recipes:
📌 PIN IT!!
Want to make this recipe? Print the recipe card below, or pin this recipe, so you can find it later.
- Food Processor or Blender
- 8X8 pan/dish
- Electric mixer
- mixing bowls
For the crust
- 3.8 ounces Graham Crackers pulsed into crumbs – one sleeve
- ½ cup Pretzel Crumbs
- 7 Tablespoons Butter melted
- 1 tablespoon Sugar
For the Filling
- 8 ounces Cream Cheese Softened to room temperature
- 16 ounces Cherry Pie Filling or 3/4 of the can
- 1 cup Whipped Cream whipped
- 7 ounces Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 8 ounces Crushed Pineapple drained
- 1 cup Shredded Coconut
- Whipped Cream – to top
- Crushed Pretzels – to top
- Maraschino Cherries – to top
- In a food processor or blender, crush the Graham Crackers into crumbs, and pour into a bowl.
- Crush enough Pretzels to measure about 3/4 cups, that way you’ll have a few to sprinkle on top to Garnish.
- Measure 1/2 cup of the Pretzel crumbs, and add to the bowl with the Graham Cracker Crumbs, and stir.
- Add Sugar, and stir.
- Add melted butter, and stir well to coat.
- Press crumb mixture into an 8 X 8 pan/dish, and place in the freezer.
- In a large bowl, add the Cream Cheese, and Cherry Pie Filling, and stir to blend.
- Whip the heavy Cream, and add to the bowl.
- Add the Eagle-brand Sweetened Condensed Milk, Crushed Pineapple and Shredded Coconut, and mix well until completely blended.
- Remove the dish from the freezer, and pour the Cherry Filling into the dish/pan, and smooth the top with the back of a spoon.
- Place the dish in the refrigerator overnight.
- Before serving, place the dish in the freezer for 2 hours, to make sure it’s set, or firm.
- Cut into 3 X 3 squares.
- Top with Whipped Cream, Crushed Pretzels, and Maraschino Cherries.
- Serve, and Enjoy!