Pineapple Pretzel Salad
If you’re looking for a delicious and unique salad to serve at your next gathering, look no further than Pineapple Pretzel Salad. This sweet and salty treat is sure to be the star of the show! It combines crunchy pretzels with juicy pineapple chunks and creamy cream cheese-based filling that will make your taste buds sing.
With its easy preparation and minimal ingredients, it’s a great way to add something special to any meal or potluck. So don’t wait – give this flavorful dish a try today!
Table of contents
❤️ Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- This pineapple pretzel salad recipe is a great way to add some sweetness and summer flavor to your favorite meal.
- It’s easy to make, requires minimal ingredients, and offers a delicious blend of sweet and salty flavors that will have everyone asking for seconds!
- Plus, it’s perfect for any occasion – from family dinners to potlucks.
This recipe is perfect for busy cooks who don’t have time to hunt down hard-to-find ingredients. In fact, you’ll find that all the necessary ingredients are easy to come by and most of them are probably already in your pantry or refrigerator. So get ready to whip up something delicious with these simple everyday items!
- crushed pretzels
- brown sugar
- vanilla extract
- cream cheese
- powdered sugar
- Cool Whip
- instant lemon pudding mix
- cold milk
- crushed pineapple
- lemon juice
See the recipe card below for quantities.
🔪 How to Make Pineapple Pretzel Salad
Making this simple dessert is a breeze. Just follow the step-by-step instructions below and you’ll have a decadent treat that’s perfect for summer in no time at all.
Step 1: Make the pretzel crust
In a medium bowl, combine the crushed pretzels, brown sugar, and flour. Add the melted butter and vanilla and stir until combined. Spread the mixture into the prepared baking dish and press into an even layer.
Step 2: Bake the crust
Bake at 375F for 10 minutes, remove, and let cool completely.
Step 3: Make the cream cheese mixture
In a medium mixing bowl, use an electric mixer to beat cream cheese until smooth. Add the powdered sugar and mix well. Fold in the Cool Whip just until combined.
Step 4: Spread the cream cheese over the crust
Dollop the cream cheese mixture all over the cooled pretzel layer, then gently spread it out with a knife, spoon, or offset spatula.
Step 5: Make the pineapple topping
In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the two packages of lemon pudding with the cold milk until combined and the mixture begins to thicken. Add the can of crushed pineapple and fresh lemon juice; stir well.
Step 6: Chill the pineapple topping
Cover the bowl and refrigerate until thickened about 20 minutes.
Step 7: Top the salad with pineapple
Pour the pineapple lemon mixture over the cream cheese layer.
Step 8: Chill before serving
Cover the dish and refrigerate for 2-4 hours to set. Cut into slices and serve chilled.
Do you want to change up this recipe and make it your own? Here are some ways that you can do that!
- Fruits: Add different fruits such as strawberries, raspberries, or blueberries.
- Pudding: Use a different type of pudding mix such as vanilla or pistachio.
- Toppings: Top the salad with chopped nuts or chocolate chips
If you love lemon dessert recipes like this one then you may also enjoy this Lemon Cheesecake Bars.
Making this recipe is simple, however, you will need a few simple kitchen tools to help you make it. Here is a short list of the ingredients that you will need.
- mixing bowls
- food processor
- 9×13 baking sheet
- hand mixer
Store this pretzel salad in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. It will last longer if you keep it covered with plastic wrap or an airtight container.
Here are some helpful tips to make sure that your pretzel salad turns out perfect every time:
- Use fresh lemon juice when making the topping. Freshly squeezed juice will give the topping a brighter and more tart flavor.
- Don’t forget to grease or spray your baking dish well. This will help prevent the pretzel crust from sticking.
- Make sure to spread the cream cheese mixture evenly over the crust. Use a knife, spoon, or offset spatula to make it smooth.
- Let the salad chill for at least 2 hours before serving, this will ensure that all of the flavors have time to meld together and set.
Do you have questions about this recipe? Here are the answers to the most commonly asked questions.
Yes, you could use graham cracker crumbs or crushed Oreo cookies instead of pretzels.
Yes, you could use whipped cream or Greek yogurt for the topping instead of Cool Whip.
No, due to the cream cheese and pudding in the recipe, we do not recommend freezing this salad.
🍽 More Lemon Recipes
Do you enjoy lemon, try these delicious recipes:
📌 PIN IT!!
Want to make this recipe? Print the recipe card below, or pin this recipe, so you can find it later.
Pineapple Pretzel Salad
- mixing bowls
- Hand mixer
- 9×13 baking dish
- food processor or storage bag and rolling pin
- 2 cups crushed pretzels crushed in a food processor or in a zip-top bag with a rolling pin
- ⅔ cup brown sugar packed
- 2 tablespoons flour
- ¾ cup butter melted
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Cream Cheese Layer:
- 8 ounces cream cheese room temperature
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 8- ounces Cool Whip thawed
Pineapple Lemon Layer:
- 6.4 ounces instant lemon pudding mix
- 2 cups cold milk
- 15 ounces crushed pineapple un-drained
- Fresh lemon juice to taste 1/2 to 1 lemon works well
- 2 tablespoons crushed pretzels for garnish optional
For the Pretzel Crust:
- Preheat the oven to 375F and lightly spray a 9 x 13 baking dish with a non-stick cooking spray; Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine the crushed pretzels, brown sugar, and flour.
- Add the melted butter and vanilla and stir until combined.
- Spread mixture into the prepared baking dish and press into an even layer.
- Bake at 375F for 10 minutes, remove and let cool completely.
For the Cream Cheese Filling
- In a medium mixing bowl, use an electric mixer to beat cream cheese until smooth. Add the powdered sugar and mix well.
- Fold in the Cool Whip just until combined.
- Dollop the cream cheese mixture all over the cooled pretzel layer, then gently spread out with a knife, spoon, or offset spatula.
For the Pineapple Lemon Topping
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the two packages of lemon pudding with the cold milk until combined and the mixture begins to thicken.
- Add the can of crushed pineapple and fresh lemon juice; stir well.
- Cover the bowl and refrigerate until thickened, about 20 minutes.
- Pour the pineapple lemon mixture over the cream cheese layer.
- Cover the dish and refrigerate for 2-4 hours to set.