These Christmas Oreo Balls are so festive and so easy to make. They’re loaded with sweet Oreo flavor and festive red and green decorations.
If you’re looking for the perfect sweet treat this holiday season, then look no further than these Oreo balls. We love to bring these to any holiday gathering because they’re so easy and delicious, and they look just like Christmas ornaments!
Table of contents
❤️ Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- They’re so festive and so easy to make.
- They only use a handful of ingredients.
- They’re full of classic Oreo flavor.
The following are affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Every ingredient – limited as they are – work perfectly together to create these delicious treats. You’ll find them below, but check out the recipe card at the end of the post for amounts.
- Crushed Oreo cookies
- Softened cream cheese
- Melted white chocolate chips
- Mini Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups
- Red and green sprinkles
🔪 How to Make Christmas Oreo Balls
Making these delicious Oreo balls is a fairly straightforward affair. It only takes a few minutes and a few simple steps.
Step 1: Combine the Cream Cheese and Oreos
Mix the crushed Oreos and cream cheese until well combined.
Step 2: Make the Balls
Use a small cookie scoop to form the mixture into balls and chill them in the refrigerator for 30 minutes or until they harden.
Step 3: Coat
Dip a chilled Oreo ball into melted white chocolate are remove it with a fork. Tap the fork on the edge to remove excess chocolate, then transfer the coated ball onto a piece of wax paper.
Step 4: Decorate
Immediately top the ball with a mini Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup and decorate it with red and green sprinkles. Repeat steps 3 and 4 until all Oreo balls are decorated.
Step 5: Set and Serve
Let the balls sit at room temperature until the chocolate hardens, then serve.
Do you want to change up this recipe and make it your own? Here are some ways that you can do that!
- White Chocolate Chips – You can use white almond bark in place of white chocolate chips.
- Oreos – You can use any brand of cream-filled sandwich cookie you like. You can also use Golden Oreos if you like.
If you think these look good, then we know you’ll love our Oreo candy cane truffles.
You’ll only need a few simple kitchen supplies to make this recipe.
- Mixing bowl.
- Wax paper
- Microwaveable bowl
Store these Christmas Oreo balls in the refrigerator in a covered container for up to 5 days. We don’t recommend freezing them, as the changing temperature can cause the chocolate coating to crack.
These Oreo balls are so easy to make that we only have a couple of tips to remember.
- Be sure your Oreo balls are completely chilled before dunking them in the warm melted chocolate.
- Resist the temptation to put the completed Oreo balls in the fridge to cool them faster. The chocolate could crack.
Do you have questions about this recipe? Here are the answers to the most commonly asked questions.
No one really seems to know. We know that they’re a variation of the chocolate truffle which was invented by accident by a French chef, but after that, we have no idea.
They’re made with cream cheese, which has to be refrigerated no matter what form it’s in.
Don’t leave these out for longer than 2 hours for safety.
🍽 More Recipes
Do you enjoy Oreos? Then try these delicious recipes:
- Red Velvet No Bake Mini Oreo Cheesecakes
- Tree Topped Oreo Christmas Cookies
- Chocolate Mint Oreo Dump Cake
📌 PIN IT!!
Want to make this recipe? Print the recipe card below, or pin this recipe, so you can find it later.
Christmas Oreo Balls
- Mixing Bowl
- Wax paper
- Microwaveable Bowl
- 36 Oreo cookies crushed
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 10 ounces white chocolate chips melted
- 20 mini Reese’s peanut butter cups
- Red and green sprinkles
- Stir together the crushed Oreos and cream cheese until well combined.
- Use a small cookie scoop to form the mixture into balls. Transfer the balls to the refrigerator to chill for at least 30 minutes or until they harden.
- Dip each Oreo ball in the melted white chocolate and remove it from the chocolate with a fork. Tap the fork on the edge of the bowl to remove excess chocolate, then transfer the coated ball onto a piece of wax paper.
- Immediately top the ball with one Reese’s peanut butter cup and decorate with red and green sprinkles.
- Continue repeating the process until all the balls are decorated.
- Allow the balls to sit at room temperature until the chocolate hardens, then serve.