This Copycat Chick-fil-a Kale Salad is a delicious and easy way to enjoy one of your favorite salads without ordering take-out. The salad is loaded with fresh kale, cabbage, and a tangy dressing that brings it all together.
One of my favorite things about this delicious salad is that it makes the perfect side dish for cookouts and picnics. It’s easy to prepare, and the flavors blend together so nicely. Plus, it’s a great way to get in your greens without having to sacrifice flavor.
Table of contents
❤️ Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- It’s a fresh side dish that comes together in just minutes.
- With the bright flavors of kale, cabbage, and a tangy dressing, it’s sure to be a hit!
- Plus, this Copycat Chick-fil-a Salad is loaded with healthy vitamins and minerals that are essential for overall health.
You only need a few simple ingredients to make this kale salad recipe. The best thing about this recipe is all of the ingredients are easy to find at your local grocery store, so you don’t have to worry about finding any specialty ingredients.
- green cabbage
- roasted almond slivers
- olive oil
- apple cider vinegar
- Dijon mustard
- finely minced shallot
- black pepper
See the recipe card below for quantities.
🔪 How to Make Copycat Chick-fil-a Kale Salad
Making this delicious salad is so simple. Just follow the directions in the recipe card below and you will have a fresh salad that’s perfect for summer days in no time at all.
Step 1: Make the dressing
Place all ingredients for the dressing into a blender or food processor until smooth. Set aside.
Step 2: Toss the salad ingredients
Toss together the ingredients for the salad in a large bowl.
Step 3: Dress the salad before serving
Just prior to serving, toss the salad with the dressing. Serve immediately.
Do you want to change up this recipe and make it your own? Here are some ways that you can do that!
- Spicy – Add some hot sauce or red pepper flakes to the dressing for a spicy kick.
- Fruit – Add fresh, seasonal fruit like grapes or apples to the salad for extra sweetness and texture.
- Nuts – Try adding in some chopped pecans or walnuts for an extra crunch.
- Cheese – Sprinkle on some crumbled feta cheese for a salty, creamy addition.
If you love making delicious side dish salads like this one, then you may also enjoy this Italian Sub Pasta Salad recipe.
You only need a couple of kitchen tools to help you make this fresh salad recipe.
- blender or food processor
- large bowl
- salad tongs
This salad is best served right away. However, you can make the dressing and store it in the fridge in an airtight container for up to one week. Just pour the dressing over the salad when you are ready to serve it.
Here are a few tips that you can use to make sure this pasta salad recipe turns out well for you.
- Make sure to rinse and pat dry the kale leaves before adding them to the salad. This will help to ensure that there is no excess moisture in the salad which can make it soggy.
- Taste test the dressing before pouring it over the salad and adjust the seasonings as needed to suit your taste buds.
- Toasting the almonds before adding them to the salad will add an extra crunch and nutty flavor. But, you could also use raw almonds if you prefer.
Do you have questions about this recipe? Here are the answers to the most commonly asked questions.
The kale salad at Chick-fil-A typically includes curly kale, green cabbage, roasted almonds, and an apple cider vinaigrette.
This salad is best served right away. However, you can make the dressing ahead of time and store it in the fridge for up to one week.
Kale salad has a slightly bitter, earthy flavor. The dressing and other ingredients help to balance out the bitterness of the kale.
🍽 More Salad Recipes
Do you enjoy salads, try these delicious recipes:
📌 PIN IT!!
Want to make this recipe? Print the recipe card below, or pin this recipe, so you can find it later.
Copycat Chick-fil-a Kale Salad
- salad bowl
- small bowl or mason jar
- 6 cups chopped kale
- 4 cups shredded green cabbage
- ¼ cup roasted almond slivers
For the dressing:
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 3 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon finely minced shallot
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Place all ingredients for the dressing into a blender or food processor until smooth. Set aside.
- Toss together the ingredients for the salad.
- Just prior to serving, toss the salad with the dressing. Serve immediately.