This Copycat Taco Bell Crunchwrap Supreme recipe combines all the beefy, cheesy, taco topping-filled flavors of the original in a homemade version that, honestly, blows the original out of the water.
Don’t take our cooking cards, but we love Taco Bell. Yes, yes, it’s hardly Mexican food, and eating it can be… a gamble… to say the least, but what can we say? It’s a guilty pleasure. Well, it used to be. Thanks to our copycat Crunchwrap Supreme recipe, we get everything we love about the original and then some!
Table of contents
❤️ Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- It only takes a few basic ingredients to make.
- It’s an easy recipe that anyone can make.
- It’s fully loaded with all your favorite Crunchwrap Supreme flavors.
Just a few simple ingredients are all it takes to make this recipe, and you can find them all easily at your local grocery store. Check out the recipe card at the end of the post for exact quantities.
- Lean ground beef
- Taco seasoning
- Large burrito-sized flour tortillas
- Street taco-sized tortillas
- Tostada shells
- Nacho chees sauce
- Sour cream
- Shredded lettuce
- Chopped tomatoes
- Cooking spray
🔪 How to Make Copycat Taco Bell Crunchwrap Supreme
A Crunchwrap Supreme might look and taste complicated, but in reality, it’s very easy to make. It only takes a few minutes and a few simple steps.
Step 1: Make the Taco Meat
Cook the ground beef in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until browned and drain. Return the beef to the skillet and add water and taco seasoning. Stir and set aside.
Step 2: Layer
Lay out the burrito-sized tortillas. Then, evenly divide the beef between them. Top the beef with a tostada shell follow by 1/4 cup of nacho cheese. Then, add 1/4 cup of sour cream, shredded, lettuce, and tomatoes. Top with a street-sized taco tortilla.
Step 3: Fold
Fold the edges of the large tortillas over the street taco-sized tortillas to seal.
Step 4: Pan Fry
Spray a non-stick pan with cooking spray and heat over medium heat. Place the Crunchwrap Supreme seam-side down and cook for 3 minutes until golden brown. Then, flip and cook the other side until golden. Repeat for the remaining Crunchwrap Supremes.
Do you want to change up this recipe and make it your own? Here are some ways that you can do that!
- Spicy – Add diced jalapenos for a kick of heat.
- Nacho Cheese Sauce – Use your favorite nacho cheese variety for this recipe.
- Ground Beef – You can use ground turkey or chorizo in place of ground beef.
If you think this looks good, then check out our cheesy taco pasta for more Mexican goodness.
You will need a few kitchen tools to help you make this copycat Taco Bell recipe. So, pull out your favorite skillet and get ready to save some cash by eating at home.
- Measuring cups
- Nonstick pan
These copycat Taco Bell Crunchwrap Supremes are best when they’re fresh, but you can store leftovers for up to 3 days in the refrigerator in an air-tight container.
Here are a few tips that you can use to ensure that this delicious copycat recipe turns out perfectly for you. Use these tips to help you cook up this restaurant inspired dish at home!
- Always drain your beef to avoid a greasy Crunchwrap Supreme.
- Fold the edges of the large tortilla inward to create triangle shapes like the original for a secure seam.
- Always cook the Crunchwrap Supremes seam-side down first so they seal.
- Rico’s nacho cheese sauce is the closest match you can find for Taco Bell’s nacho cheese sauce.
Do you have questions about this recipe? Here are the answers to the most commonly asked questions.
A Crunchwrap Supreme is a Taco Bell offering made with a large tortilla stuffed with seasoned beef, a taco shell, and toppings like lettuce, tomato, sour cream, and nacho cheese sauce.
Absolutely not. The Crunchwrap Supreme is an over-the-top, Mexican-inspired Taco Bell creation that is in no way authentic. It sure is good, though!
If you don’t drain the ground beef, you’ll have a greasy final product. No matter how lean beef is, it will always produce at least some fat.
🍽 More Recipes
Do you enjoy copycat recipes? Then try these delicious recipes:
📌 PIN IT!!
Want to make this recipe? Print the recipe card below, or pin this recipe, so you can find it later.
Copycat Taco Bell Crunchwrap Supreme
- 2 large skillets
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- ¼ cup water
- 4 burrito size flour tortillas
- 4 street taco size tortillas
- 4 tostada shells
- 1 cup nacho cheese sauce
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 ½ cups shredded lettuce
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- Spray oil
- In a large nonstick skillet over medium high heat brown the
- ground beef and drain.
- To the beef add the taco seasoning and water, stir to combine.
- Set aside.
- Lay down the burrito sized tortillas.
- Evenly distribute the ground beef among the 4 tortillas.
- Top the ground beef on each one with a tostada shell.
- Spread ¼ cup of the nacho cheese on top of each tostada.
- Place ¼ cup of the sour cream on top of the nacho cheese.
- Top each one with the shredded lettuce and tomatoes.
- Place one of the street taco tortillas on top of the lettuce
- and tomatoes.
- In a non-stick skillet over medium heat spray the oil.
- Fold the edges of the large tortillas over the street taco
- sized tortillas.
- Place the crunchwrap seam side down and cook until
- golden brown, about 3 minutes.
- Repeat with the other side.
- Repeat with the other crunchwraps.