Creamy Burrito Bake – is a simple and delicious weeknight meal. Ready in no time and loved by everyone in my family.
Creamy Burrito Bake… Simple, easy and delicious. That’s basically what I like to cook.
This burrito bake is super simple to make and loved by everyone . I normally make it with ground chuck but have also used shredded chicken and pork.
Really anything you have will work. It’s the addition of all the other ingredients that make this so yummy!
Creamy Burrito Bake gets it’s creaminess from the addition of cream cheese. It makes this so creamy and delicious.
I always have tortilla’s, enchillada sauce, cream cheese and taco seasoning in the house. They are staples for me. so when I don’t know what to make for dinner, this is a quick go to for me.
Put this Creamy Burrito Bake on your must make list today!
Creamy Burrito Bake
Creamy Burrito Bake is a simple and delicious weeknight meal. Ready in no time and loved by everyone in my family.
Servings: 6 -8 servings
- 1 1/2 to 2 pounds ground chuck
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1 large 19 oz. can red enchilada sauce*
- 3 oz cream cheese room temp
- 6-8 burrito size flour tortillas I use 8
- 1 1/2 cups or so of shredded mexican cheese
- 3-4 Tbsp. homemade taco seasoning I use this one Homemade Taco Seasoning or whatever brand you like
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large skillet brown ground chuck and onion. Cook until onions are translucent and ground chuck it just cooked through. Drain most of the fat.
- Add 1/2 cup water and taco seasoning. Let it cook down a bit and add a bit more water if needed. (add more water if needed)
- Add cream cheese and mix so it is incorporated into the ground chuck mixture.
- Add 1/2 cup mexican cheese and mix well.
- Spoon mixture into burrito wraps ( I use 1/2 low carb wraps and 1/2 regular flour wraps. Add a bit more mexican cheese on each burrito after you have spooned beef mixture on it and wrap it.
- Place in a lightly greased glass or ceramic dish seam side down. Pour enchilada sauce over burritos and add remaining mexican cheese on top
- Bake at 350 for about 30 minutes.
Thank you so much!!