This Slow Cooker Balsamic Pork Loin is a delicious and savory meal that’s perfect for dinner. One of the best things about this recipe is the slow cooker does all the work so you can spend less time in the kitchen.
We love making pork because not only is it a delicious protein source, but it’s also budget-friendly. When we find a pork loin on sale this is the first recipe that we make.
Table of contents
❤️ Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- Slow cooker recipes are easy to make. Plus, they only require a few minutes of prep time.
- Balsamic pork loin is a savory dish with lots of flavor.
- It’s budget friendly and feeds the whole family.
One of our favorite things about this slow cooker pork recipe is that you only need simple ingredients. So, next time you are at the grocery store pick up these ingredients. You will be so glad you did after the first bite of this tender pork.
- pork loin
- chicken broth
- balsamic vinegar
- low sodium soy sauce
- brown sugar
- minced dried onion
- garlic salt
- smoked paprika
See the recipe card below for quantities.
🔪 How to Make Slow Cooker Balsamic Pork Loin
Making this delicious slow cooker pork recipe is so simple. Just follow the step-by-step directions below or in the recipe card at the bottom of this post and you will have a delicious meal that your whole family will love without a lot of effort at all.
Step 1: Add the ingredients to the slow cooker
Place your pork loin in your slow cooker. And, then in a medium bowl combine the chicken broth, balsamic vinegar, soy sauce, ketchup, honey, brown sugar, dried onion, garlic salt, and paprika. And, then pour the mixture over the pork loin.
Step 2: Slow cook until tender
Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours until the meat is fork-tender. You can serve this as is at this point but I remove the pork and shred it.
Step 3: Thicken the sauce – optional
Take the liquid from the slow cooker and place it into a large skillet and over medium heat reduce the liquid until it becomes a thick sauce. Mix the shredded pork with the sauce.
Do you want to change up this recipe and make it your own? Here are some ways that you can do that!
- Vegetables: Add some vegetables: If you want to add some veggies, try adding some baby potatoes or carrots.
- Make it spicy: Add in some chili powder or hot sauce for a kick of heat.
- Try other cuts of pork: This recipe works with pork shoulder, tenderloin, or loin.
If you slow cooker pork recipes you may also enjoy this Slow Cooker Pineapple Pork recipe.
Here is a quick list of the equipment that you need to make this slow cooker recipe:
- mixing bowl
- slow cooker
- large skillet – optional
Store leftovers in the fridge for up to three days. Make sure to keep it in an airtight container to keep it fresh.
Here are a few tips to help you ensure this pork loin turns out perfectly for you every time that you make it.
- Check the pork for doneness at the four-hour mark, as you don’t want to overcook it.
- To help keep the moisture in we sometimes like to look the pork loin fat side up.
- You can serve this pork loin sliced or shredded depending on your preferences.
- This is delicious when you are serving it over rice, mashed potatoes, or even on a sandwich. The options are endless.
Do you have questions about this slow cooker balsamic pork loin recipe? Here are the answers to the most commonly asked questions.
The internal temperature of pork should be 145°F and then allowed to rest for three minutes before slicing or serving.
Yes, you can freeze the leftovers in an airtight container for up to 3 months. Make sure that it is cooled completely before freezing. To reheat, thaw overnight in the fridge and reheat in a saucepan on the stove or in the microwave.
No, pork loin and pork tenderloin are not the same thing. Pork loin is larger and has more fat than the pork tenderloin.
🍽 More Pork Recipes
Do you enjoy pork? If so, try these delicious recipes:
📌 PIN IT!!
Want to make this recipe? Print the recipe card below, or pin this recipe, so you can find it later.
Slow Cooker Balsamic Pork Loin
- slow cooker
- medium bowl
- large skillet
- 3 pound pork loin
- ½ cup chicken broth
- ½ cup balsamic vinegar
- ⅓ cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1 cup ketchup
- ½ cup honey
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons minced dried onion
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- Place your pork loin in your slow cooker.
- In a medium bowl combine the chicken broth, balsamic vinegar, soy sauce, ketchup, honey, brown sugar, dried onion, garlic salt and paprika.
- Pour the mixture over the pork loin.
- Cover and cook on low 4-6 hours until the meat is fork tender.
- You can serve this as is at this point but I remove the pork and shred it.
- Take the liquid from the slow cooker and place into a large skillet and over medium heat reduce the liquid until it becomes a thick sauce.
- Mix the shredded pork with the sauce.