This Slow Cooker Chex Mix is our favorite snack! Two kinds of Chex cereal, pretzels, cheese crackers, oyster crackers, and mixed nuts make this the perfect blend of flavors and textures. This roasts slowly and low in the slow cooker until it is toasty and ready to serve.
This is a great mix of flavors and textures with all the crunchy cereals, salty pretzels, cheesy crackers and savory mixed nuts. Butter, Worchesterhire sauce, dried onion, garlic powder, and cajun seasoning give this mix the perfect flavor.
Table of contents
❤️ Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- It’s an easy recipe that only takes a few minutes of prep.
- It only uses simple ingredients.
- It features a variety of savory flavors that everyone will love.
The following are affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
The ingredients for this recipe are all very simple and they’re easily found at your local grocery store. Be sure to check out the recipe card at the end of the post for exact amounts.
- Rice Chex
- Wheat Chex
- Cheese crackers
- Oyster crackers
- Mixed nuts
- Worcestershire sauce
- Cajun seasoning
- Garlic powder
- Dried onion
🔪 How to Make Slow Cooker Chex Mix
This is an incredibly easy recipe to make. It only takes a few minutes of prep. After that, you simply let the slow cooker do its thing.
Step 1: Combine the Cereal, Crackers, and Nuts
Combine both Chex cereals, pretzels, crackers, and nuts in your slow cooker.
Step 2: Make the Butter coating
Melt your butter in the microwave. Then, add the Worcestershire sauce and spices. Pour the mixture over the cereal mixture and stir to coat.
Step 3: Cook
Cover and cook on high heat for 2 hours, stirring every 20 minutes.
Step 4: Cool
After 2 hours, spread the Chex Mix out evenly onto a large cookie sheet and let cool for 5 to 10 minutes. Enjoy!
Do you want to change up this recipe and make it your own? Here are some ways that you can do that!
- Nut-Free – If you’re allergic to nuts, feel free to leave them out.
- Cereal – Use your favorite variety of Chex or any of your favorite cereals for this recipe.
- Crackers and Pretzels – Substitute any of your favorite snacks like different crackers, Goldfish, Fritos, Doritos, or whatever else you like.
If you like Chex Mix, then check out this sweet Easter Bunny chow variation.
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Microwave-safe bowl
- Wooden spoon
- Slow cooker
- Cookie sheet
Store this crock pot Chex Mix in an air-tight container for up to 2 weeks at room temperature. For longer storage, you can freeze it for up to 3 months in an air-tight, freezer-safe container or heavy-duty freezer bag.
- Be gentle when stirring your ingredients together with the melted butter mixture. You don’t want to crush your cereal or crackers.
- Don’t forget to stir your mixture every 20 minutes to ensure even cooking.
- You can serve this Chex Mix warm or at room temperature.
Do you have questions about this recipe? Here are the answers to the most commonly asked questions.
Chex Mix is a type of snack mix that uses Chex cereal as the primary component. There are both sweet and savory variations.
Chex Mix was invented by its owner, the Ralston-Purina Company. They began putting the recipe on their Chex cereal boxes in the early 1950s.
Gently stirring will help. If you find you’re still crushing your cereal, you can combine the ingredients in a large bowl and toss them together rather than stirring.
🍽 More Recipes
Do you enjoy crock pot snacks? Then try these delicious recipes:
📌 PIN IT!!
Want to make this slow cooker chex mix recipe? Print the recipe card below, or pin this recipe, so you can find it later.
Slow Cooker Chex Mix
- Measuring Cups and Spoons
- Microwave Safe Bowl
- Wooden spoon
- slow cooker
- Cookie sheet
- 3 cups of rice chex cereal
- 3 cups of wheat chex cereal
- 3 cups of cheese crackers
- 3 cups of oyster crackers
- 2 cups of pretzels
- 3 cups of mixed nuts
- 9 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons worcheshire sauce
- 3 teaspoons cajun seasoning
- 1 ½ teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried onion
- In your slow cooker stir together the cereals, pretzels, crackers and nuts.
- In a small bowl melt your butter in the microwave until melted.
- Stir in the worcestershire sauce and spices until well combined.
- Pour over cereal mixture and stir until evenly coated.
- Cover and cook on high heat setting for 2 hours, stirring every 20 minutes.
- Spread cereal mixture on a large cookie sheet or tray.
- Cool 5-10 minutes before serving.