This Fall Chex Mix is a delicious combination of sweet and savory. Plus, with the addition of candy corn and candy pumpkins, it will look great on your fall dessert table.
There is just something about this sweet and salty snack that makes it a hit at any gathering. Whether you are hosting a big game night or just having friends over for dinner, this Chex Mix is sure to satisfy everyone’s cravings.
Table of contents
❤️ Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- It’s a great way to use up any extra candy corn or pumpkins you may have from the fall season.
- This is an easy recipe that can be made in a matter of minutes with minimal cleanup!
- It’s budget-friendly and can easily feed a crowd.
- You get the perfect balance of sweet and salty flavors.
You only need a few simple ingredients and a little bit of time to help you make this tangy snack recipe. Gather these staples on your next trip to the grocery store and get ready to enjoy this delicious snack.
- brown sugar
- vanilla extract
- wheat chex cereal
- corn chex cereal
- mini pretzel twists
- bugles chips
- Reese’s Pieces candy
- Candy corn and pumpkins
- Caramel corn with peanuts (Cracker Jack)
See the recipe card below for quantities.
🔪 How to Make Fall Chex Mix
Making this fall snack recipe is so simple. Just follow the step-by-step directions below and you will have a tasty sweet and salty snack in no time at all.
Step 1: Melt the butter and brown sugar
To a large microwave-safe bowl add your butter, brown sugar, and vanilla extract. And, then melt in the microwave for 30-45 seconds until the butter is all melted.
Step 2: Add the cereal
In the bowl add your wheat chex, corn chex, pretzels, and bugles. Toss to coat in the butter mixture.
Step 3: Heat the cereal mixture
Microwave for 5 minutes stirring every minute. And, then once done pour out onto a parchment lined sheet to cool.
Step 4: Add in the candy
Once cool add the Reese’s pieces, candy corn and pumpkins, and caramel corn with peanuts. And, then toss to combine. Serve!
Do you want to change up this recipe and make it your own? Here are some ways that you can do that!
- Cereal: Use different cereals like Cheerios or Rice Chex for a different flavor.
- Candy: Add other festive fall candy like toffee bits and pumpkin spice M&M’s.
- Coconut: Try adding in some sweetened coconut flakes for an extra tropical flair.
If you love Chex Mix you may also enjoy this Slow Cooker Chex Mix recipe. It’s great for feeding a crowd.
Here is a quick list of tools that you will need to help you make this fall snack recipe.
- large microwave-safe bowl
- baking sheet
- serving bowl
Store leftovers in an airtight container or Ziploc bag for up to 5 days. No need to store it in the fridge it can be kept at room temperature.
Here are a few tips that you can use to ensure this Fall Chex Mix turns out perfectly for you when you make it.
- Make sure to spread out the cereal mixture on the baking sheet so that it can dry and cool.
- Don’t overcook your cereal mix as it could burn easily. So, watch your cook time.
- Feel free to add more candy and other additions to personalize your snack mix.
Do you have questions about this recipe? Here are the answers to the most commonly asked questions.
The key to keeping the Chex Mix from getting soggy is making sure it is completely cooled before you add in your additional ingredients. Once cool, seal it up tightly with an airtight lid or ziploc bag and store at room temperature.
If your harvest chex mix is soggy, spread it out in a single layer on a baking sheet and put it into a preheated 350 degrees for 10-15 minutes to crisp it up. Just watch it closely.
I don’t recommend freezing Chex Mix. It can become soggy when thawed.
🍽 More Fall Recipes
Do you enjoy fall recipes? If so, try these delicious recipes:
📌 PIN IT!!
Want to make this recipe? Print the recipe card below, or pin this recipe, so you can find it later.
Fall Chex Mix
- large bowl – microwave safe
- cookie sheet or baking sheet
- parchment paper
- ½ cup butter
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups wheat chex cereal
- 2 cups corn chex cereal
- 2 cups mini pretzel twists
- 2 cups bugles chips
- 1 cup reeses pieces candy
- 1 cup candy corn and pumpkins
- 2 cups caramel corn with peanuts Cracker Jack
- To a large microwave safe bowl add your butter, brown sugar and vanilla extract.
- Melt in the microwave for 30-45 seconds until the butter is all melted.
- The bowl add your wheat chex, corn chex, pretzels and bugles.
- Toss to coat in the butter mixture.
- Microwave for 5 minutes stirring every minute.
- Once down pour out onto a parchment lined sheet to cool.
- Once cool add the reeses pieces, candy corn and pumpkins and caramel corn with peanuts.
- Toss to combine.