This easy Crockpot Pumpkin Honey Bun Cake is a simple recipe that will have you craving more with every bite! This will be your new favorite fall dessert!
This Crockpot Pumpkin Honey Bun Cake takes that classic honey bun cake we all know and love and adds a fall touch to it. All with the added flavor
Holy moly, you’re going to love using your crockpot for this amazing dessert recipe. Never in our lives had we created something so wonderful just from the use of our crockpot.
If you’re ready for a slow cooker dessert that you can hang your hat on and be proud of, you aren’t going to want to miss this one. Who knew that the combination of pumpkin and honey would go perfectly together?! This is one tasty slow cooker recipe that you’re going to make time and time again.
If you love the taste of cinnamon rolls, you will be crazy for this Crockpot Pumpkin Honey Bun Cake.
Sweet Honey Bun Cake
This sweet honey bun cake has all the amazing flavors of fall and is made easily in the crockpot. It is perfect for breakfast, dessert or as a snack. Remember those honeybuns you had as a kid? We sure do! They still sell them you know.
But anyways we can’t eat the things we used to eat. For one they just don’t taste the same do they? So now we have to make our own homemade sweet honey bun cake. So much better and so delicious!
This crock pot cake is so good, your whole house will smell like Fall! This is so easy to make, and it bakes without any fuss.
You can serve this crockpot cake at Holiday Brunch, after dinner, and everyone will love this. It’s even good for a midnight snack. Make sure you keep this one in your favorites because you’ll want to make it again and again!
Is this cake made from scratch?
Yes it is. There are many recipes for honey bun cakes out there that use a cake mix. And while they are good this cake is totally made from scratch.
Making a cake from scratch is really pretty simple. We have found that getting all your ingredients ready and measured is key. Also once you make something once or twice it becomes easier and easier. Almost like old hat as they say.
Not that there is anything wrong with boxed cake mixes. We have some recipes that we love that use a cake mix. Like this easy cake mix cake we make all year long Chocolate Pumpkin Bundt Cake. Sometimes we frost it and sometimes we don’t but it’s a great cake for a quick dessert.
How do I make Crockpot Honey Bun Cake?
All measurements will be posted in the recipe card.
- Pumpkin pie spice
- Baking Powder
- Heavy Cream
- Vanilla Extract
- Maple Flavoring
- Brown Sugar
- Ground Cinnamon
- Pumpkin Puree
- Maple Syrup
- Powdered Sugar
Instructions for Crockpot Honeybun Pumpkin Cake
- In the mixing bowl of a stand mixer, add sugar, and butter, and whisk together until creamy. Add eggs, heavy cream, vanilla extract, maple flavoring, pumpkin puree, brown sugar, and maple syrup. Mix all ingredients until well blended.
- In a separate bowl, add the flour, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice, salt, and ground cinnamon. Stir well, and add to the mixing bowl, blending between additions, until all ingredients are well mixed. Scrape down the sides of the mixing bowl, and blend.
- Butter the bottom and halfway up the sides of the crockpot liner, and turn on to high heat.
- Pour the cake batter into the crockpot and place the lid on. Let cook on high for 45 minutes to 1 hour. Turn the setting to low heat, and leave in the crockpot for about an hour, or until the center is set, and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. When the cake is done, turn off the crockpot, and make the glaze.
Making the glaze
Blend the Powdered sugar and heavy cream together in the mixing bowl of a stand mixer, until smooth.
Add the Vanilla, and Maple syrup, and blend until creamy. When cake is cool, pour glaze over cooled cake in the crock pot.
Can I use real pumpkin for this recipe?
If you have real pumpkin cooked up and ready to use, go for it! We love using the canned pumpkin because it’s so simple and easy to use. There is little that has to be done besides opening up the can. This is a simple way to cut out extra steps because who has the time to make up a fresh pumpkin to add to this recipe.
What is the best way to reheat this Pumpkin Honey Bun Cake?
While it’s easy to keep this Honey Bun Cake warm in the crockpot on a low setting, you can store it for later and reheat it again when you’re ready.
The simplest way to reheat this tasty dessert is to pop it in the microwave for a short amount of time. We like to heat things up in small second increments so that it’s a slow process that you can easily reheat and enjoy.
What is the best way to store Crockpot Pumpkin Honey Bun Cake leftovers?
Leftovers should be stored in an air tight plastic container on the counter for a day or two and then stored in the fridge. If they last that long. They have never made it that long in our house. EVER!
We hope you enjoy this easy crockpot dessert as much as we do. There is nothing as good as having the smells of a crockpot going all day and the end result being this delectable dessert!
When it comes to this easy crockpot dessert, you won’t find a more flavorful one than this. And since it’s pumpkin-flavored and full of pumpkin spice, you can rest easy knowing that it’s literally the perfect recipe for fall!
Honestly we love this recipe so much we make it all year long! We are always stocked up on pumpkin so it is easy to make this dessert.
Take a big scoop of this slow cooker dessert and enjoy every bite! This recipe is a keeper for certain!
MORE RECIPES YOU WILL LOVE:
Crockpot Pumpkin Honey Bun Cake
FOR THE CAKE:
- 3 cups of Flour
- 1 teaspoon of Pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup of Sugar
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons of Baking Powder
- 3/4 cups of Heavy Cream – or half and half
- 2 Eggs
- 1 teaspoon of Vanilla
- 1 Teaspoon of Maple flavoring
- 1 Stick of Butter – softened
- 1 cup of Brown Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon of Cinnamon
- 1/2 cup of Pumpkin (canned)
- 2 Tablespoons of Maple Syrup (Pancake syrup)
FOR THE GLAZE:
- 2 1/2 cups of Powdered Sugar
- 1 teaspoon of Vanilla
- 2 1/2 Tablespoons of Maple Syrup
- 2 1/2 Tablespoons of Heavy cream
- In the mixing bowl of a stand mixer, add sugar, and butter, and whisk together until creamy.
- Add eggs, Heavy cream, Vanilla, Maple flavoring, Pumpkin, Brown sugar, and Maple syrup.
- Mix all ingredients until well blended. In a separate bowl, add the flour, baking powder, Pumpkin pie spice, salt, and Cinnamon.
- Stir well, and add to mixing bowl, blending between additions, until all ingredients are well mixed. Scrape down the sides of the mixing bowl, and blend.
- Butter the bottom and halfway up the sides of the Crockpot liner, and turn on to high heat.
- Pour the cake batter into the Crockpot, and place lid on Crockpot. Let cook on high for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Turn setting to low heat, and leave in Crockpot for about an hour, or until center is set, and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- When the cake is done, turn off Crockpot, and make the glaze.
FOR THE GLAZE:
- Blend the Powdered sugar and heavy cream together in the mixing bowl of a stand mixer, until smooth.
- Add the Vanilla, and Maple syrup, and blend until creamy.
- When the cake is cool, pour glaze over cooled cake in the crockpot. Serve, and Enjoy!