Deep Dish Pizza Bites are exactly what they sound like. An easy crust is pressed into the bottom of a muffin tin, then each one is filled to capacity with sauce, cheese, and pepperoni.
Until you’ve had our pizza bites made in muffin tins, you haven’t really had pizza bites. These bad boys are like little deep dish pizzas that you can eat in a couple of bites, and they are legit.
Table of contents
❤️ Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- They only use a few simple ingredients that you probably have in your kitchen right now.
- They’re full of classic pizza flavors that everyone loves.
- They’re the biggest pizza bites ever!
The following are affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
You’ll only need a few kitchen staples to make this recipe. You probably have all of them in your kitchen, and anything you don’t have is easily found at your local grocery store. The main ingredients are listed here, but you’ll find the complete list of ingredients along with amounts in the recipe card at the end of the post.
- Bisquick baking mix
- Garlic powder
- Dried basil
- Shredded mozzarella cheese
- Pizza sauce
- Sliced pepperoni cut into quarters
🔪 How to Make Deep Dish Pizza Bites
Making these pizza bites is a super easy affair. It only takes a few minutes and a few easy steps, and you’ll be all done.
Step 1: Prep
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees and spray a regular-sized muffin tin with nonstick spray. Set aside.
Step 2: Make the Crust Dough
Beat the eggs in a medium bowl. Then, add the garlic powder, dried basil, and salt. mix in the Bisquick, water, and oil.
Step 3: Make the Pizza Bites
Use a cookie scoop to fill each muffin tin halfway full of crust batter. Then, spoon half a tablespoon of pizza sauce over the batter. Finally, top with mozzarella cheese and quartered pepperoni slices.
Step 4: Bake
Bake for 15 minutes. Then, let cool for 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from the pan and serve warm with extra pizza sauce for dipping if desired.
Do you want to change up this recipe and make it your own? Here are some ways that you can do that!
- Pepperoni – You can use bacon, ground beef, or Italian sausage instead. All these options should be fully cooked before adding them to the pizza bites and baking.
- Your Favorite Pizza Ingredients – Add a few pieces of diced bell peppers, a couple of slices of mushrooms, or any of your other favorite pizza ingredients.
If you think these look good, then you’ll love our pepperoni pizza pinwheels.
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Cutting board
- Muffin Tin
- Medium bowl
Store these for up to 3 days in an air-tight container in the refrigerator. For longer storage, you can freeze them for up to 3 months in an air-tight, freezer-safe container.
- Be sure to let the pizza bites cool for 2 to 3 minutes in the muffin tin to ensure that they’re fully cooked before serving.
- If you add different meat like bacon, ground beef, or Italian sausage, it’s important to cook the meat BEFORE adding it to the muffin tins for baking. They won’t fully cook otherwise.
- These are absolutely delicious when dipped in pizza or marinara sauce.
Do you have questions about this recipe? Here are the answers to the most commonly asked questions.
They’re basically tiny deep dish pizzas made with an easy crust batter and topped with sauce, cheese, and pepperoni.
If you didn’t precook your sausage, it released a lot of grease while it cooked in the oven. In addition, it may not be fully cooked.
Place them on a baking sheet and bake at 350 until heated through.
🍽 More Recipes
Do you enjoy pizza? Then try these delicious recipes:
📌 PIN IT!!
Want to make this recipe? Print the recipe card below, or pin this recipe, so you can find it later.
Deep Dish Pizza Bites
- Measuring Cups and Spoons
- Cutting board
- Muffin tin
- medium bowl
- 1 ⅓ cups Bisquick baking mix
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup water
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 2 eggs
- Cooking spray
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- Sliced pepperonis cut into quarters
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Spray a regular sized muffin pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, beat the two eggs. Add garlic powder, dried basil and salt. Stir to combine. Mix in Bisquick, water and oil.
- Use a cookie scoop to fill each muffin tin ½ way full with the batter.
- Spoon ½ tablespoon of pizza sauce over the top of the crust batter.
- Sprinkle on mozzarella cheese.
- Top with quartered pepperoni slices.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Allow to cool for 2-3 minutes before removing from the pan and serve warm with an extra side of pizza sauce for dipping if desired.