Pepperoni Stuffed Breadsticks feature pepperoni and cheese stuffed inside breadsticks made with pizza dough that are loaded with Italian seasonings, and parmesan cheese. DEE-licious.
While they may not be Authentic Italian food, these two Italians highly recommend you make these breadsticks. They’re everything you love about pizza and breadsticks in one amazing recipe. AND they’re Italian-approved.
Table of contents
❤️ Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- It only uses a handful of ingredients.
- It’s a simple recipe that’s ready in no time.
- It combines the best of pepperoni pizza and breadsticks into one delicious dish.
It only takes a handful of simple ingredients to make this recipe. You’ll find everything you need in just a few minutes at your local grocery store – that is if you don’t have the ingredients in your kitchen right now. Be sure to check the recipe card at the end of the post for exact quantities.
- Premade pizza dough
- String cheese
- Butter – melted
- Grated parmesan cheese
- Garlic powder
- Italian seasoning
🔪 How to Make Pepperoni Stuffed Breadsticks
Making these breadsticks is very simple. It’s a straight-ahead recipe that you can make any time you get the craving. That’s a winner!
Step 1: Prep
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Step 2: Cut the Dough
Unroll the pizza dough and cut it into 6 strips with a pizza cutter.
Step 3: Fill and Seal
Place a piece of string cheese on the bottom of each strip of dough. Then, top with four slices of pepperoni. Fold the other half of the dough over the top of the pepperoni and cheese, stretching slightly. Then, press the sides together to seal.
Step 4: Season and Bake
Place the breadsticks on the prepared baking sheet. Then, brush each breadstick with butter and top with parmesan cheese, garlic powder, and Italian seasoning. Bake for 15 minutes until golden brown and enjoy with marinara or pizza sauce for dipping.
Do you want to change up this recipe and make it your own? Here are some ways that you can do that!
- Spicy – Sprinkle red pepper flakes over the pepperoni before sealing the breadsticks.
- Pepperoni – Use cooked, crumbled Italian sausage instead.
- String Cheese – Use a few slices of mozzarella stacked atop one another instead.
If you think these look good, check out our air fryer spinach mozzarella sticks.
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Baking sheet
- Parchment paper
- Pizza cutter
Refrigerate these breadsticks for up to 3 days in an air-tight container. For longer storage, freeze them for up to 3 months in an air-tight, freezer-safe container.
- Be gentle when stretching the dough over the filling, You don’t want to rip the dough.
- Bring your dough to room temperature to make it easier to seal the edges together.
- A pizza cutter allows you to cut the dough with a clean edge without stretching it.
Do you have questions about this recipe? Here are the answers to the most commonly asked questions.
Pepperoni stuffed breadsticks are large breadsticks made with pizza dough that’s folded over a filling of pepperoni and string cheese. The breadsticks are then baked until golden brown on the outside and melty on the inside.
These breadsticks are fantastic with marinara or pizza sauce for dipping. You could even dip them in ranch if you’re into that sort of thing. They also make a great addition to any party alongside your other favorite appetizers.
Not in the slightest, but they are absolutely delicious.
🍽 More Recipes
Do you enjoy pepperoni? Then try these delicious recipes:
📌 PIN IT!!
Want to make this recipe? Print the recipe card below, or pin this recipe, so you can find it later.
Pepperoni Stuffed Breadsticks
- Pizza Cutter
- baking sheet
- 13.8 ounces pizza dough refridgerated
- 6 pieces string cheese
- 24 slices pepperoni
- 2 tablespoons butter melted
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Unroll the pizza dough and use a pizza cutter to cut the dough into six strips.
- Place one piece of string cheese on the bottom of each dough strip.
- Top the cheese with four slices of pepperoni.
- Fold the other end of the dough strip over the top of the pepperoni and cheese. Stretch the dough slightly to cover the pepperoni, then press the sides together to seal.
- Place the stuffed breadsticks on the lined baking sheet. Brush each breadstick with butter and top with parmesan cheese, garlic powder, and Italian seasoning.
- Place the pan in the oven and bake for 15 minutes, until the breadsticks are golden brown. Serve immediately.