You don’t want to miss out on these super simple Easy Apple Hand Pies. With only 6 ingredients needed, this might just be one of our easiest dessert recipes, ever!
We’re always down for a simple recipe. Especially during this time of year when schedules and life all tend to get just a little bit crazy. These Easy Apple Hand Pies will satisfy any sweet tooth!
What we really love the most about this simple Easy Apple Hand Pie recipe is that they’re crazy good, and actually crazy fun to make, too.
One bite of these delicious desserts and you’re going to feel like you’re right back in Grandma’s kitchen….they have that simple homemade taste without a ton of effort on your part.
No rolling out dough no peeling a bunch of apples. Not that there is anything wrong with that. We love making pies too. But, sometimes we just like a quick and easy pie option. This easy hand pie is it!
Easy hand pies
Let’s face it we all have busy lives and sometimes we just need recipes that are quick and easy. From dinner to dessert we are always looking for recipes that save on time.
These easy hand pies allow us to make a quick and easy dessert any day of the week.
These easy hand pies remind me of the ones we used to buy at the grocery store when we were younger. They had a bunch of flavors like apple of course.
But they also had cherry, peach, blueberry lemon and chocolate. Those are the ones I remember. I loved chocolate of course then apple and then lemon.
Do you remember those hand pies? It used to be such a treat to be able to get one of those when we went grocery shopping.
Mini Hand Pies
Who doesn’t love a min hand pie? Apple hand pies are mini apple pies. The kind you can grab when your walking out the door. The kind you can grab when you need a little sweet treat. An easy crust with cinnamony apples and a sweet glaze. That’s all you need.
Can you use real apples for this recipe?
You sure can, but there really isn’t a need. The whole point of this recipe is to cut down your cooking time and make something fast and delicious. Using canned apple pie filling as the filling for these pies is a simple way to make that happen!
You’re not going to believe how simple this recipe is! Just make sure your apples are chopped up small and of course you will add some cinnamon and nutmeg to add some extra flavor to the apples.
Fruit Hand Pies
These hand pies can be made with any fruit you like. And if your feeling like you really want to go all the way homemade make these fruit hand pies from scratch. Make the pie crust from scratch and also use your favorite apple pie filling.
You can really do anything you like with this recipe but we just love the fact that it’s a quick easy delicious grab and go dessert.
How easy is it to make apple hand pies?
They are SO easy! For the filling we use canned pie filling. We chopped them into small pieces because it fits in the dough better.
For the crust we use canned biscuits. When we first tried this we where a bit skeptical but let me tell you they where perfect for these hand pies. And so easy. We always have them on hand too.
For these hand pies we used butter biscuits. You can use any kind of biscuit you like as long as it’s not the flaky kind. They won’t work well for this recipe. The flaky kind will pull apart when baking. You can use regular, butter biscuits or homestyle for example.
Why is my glaze so runny?
More than likely, you’ve added in too much liquid. You can easily correct this by adding in some more powdered sugar. And don’t fret, it happens to the best of us. We always just add in some powdered sugar by the teaspoonful and stir so that we get the perfect consistency that we’re looking for. (and if you happen to add in too much powdered sugar, you can easily add in more liquid to thin it out as well!)
What to serve with these apple hand pies?
Eating them when they’re slightly warm with a nice cup of coffee is always a winning idea. But let’s be real. You’re an adult so you can literally eat them whenever and however you want!
We love serving a little bit of caramel sauce along side for a little extra sweetness. Caramel and apples go so well together. Especially when they are still warm with maybe a little scoop of vanilla ice cream. I know they are hand pies but you can serve these any way you like!
Get ready to fall in love with the taste of this hand apple pies! They’re perfect to hold and snack as you’re on the move!
A perfect little edible package filled with tasty spicy apples that take just minutes to put together. A sweet treat you family will love for dessert or just a quick sweet snack.
OTHER RECIPES YOU WILL LOVE:
Chocolate Peanut Butter Cake Recipe
No Bake Blueberry Cheesecake Bars
Easy Apple Hand Pies
- 1 Can of 8 Large Biscuits
- 1 (21 Ounce) Can Apple Pie Filling
- ¼ Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- ⅛ Teaspoon Ground Nutmeg
- 1 Cup Powdered Sugar
- 2-3 Tablespoons Milk (adjust to reach desired consistency)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees, and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, combine the apple pie filling, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Then cut the apple slices into small, bite-sized pieces.
- Place the biscuits onto a lightly floured surface, and press to flatten into large circles about a ¼ inch thick. Scoop 2 tablespoons of apple pie filling onto one half of a biscuit leaving about half an inch uncovered around the edge.
- Fold the empty half of the biscuit over, and use a fork to crimp shut. Poke holes in the top for air vents
- Repeat with the remaining biscuits and apple pie filling.
- Bake the pies for 18-20 minutes or until they are golden brown and the dough is cooked through.
- While the hand pies bake, make the glaze
- In a small bowl, combine the powdered sugar and milk. Adjust the milk to reach the desired consistency.
- After the hand pies have baked and cooled completely, use a spoon or a plastic zip bag with the tip cut off to drizzle the glaze over the hand pies.
- Serve warm. Store any leftovers in an airtight container, and enjoy within 3-4 days.
Leave a Reply