This Easy Pumpkin Dip is loaded with pumpkin spice flavor and is so incredibly creamy and smooth. It’s the perfect snack or appetizer.
This time of year, everyone is all about pumpkin everything. By the time June rolls around, I’m already counting down the days to flannel, cute boots, and pumpkin as far as the eye can see. This recipe is loaded with everything we love about pumpkin this time of year, and we think you’re going to love it as much as we do.
Table of contents
❤️ Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- It’s an incredibly easy recipe that only uses a few simple ingredients.
- It’s full of pumpkin spice goodness.
- It’s super rich and creamy because it’s made with whipped topping and pudding.
- It makes a great snack or appetizer.
The following are affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Every ingredient in this recipe works perfectly with the others to create the creamiest dessert dip I’ve ever made.
- Instant vanilla pudding mix
- Pumpkin pie spice
- Canned pumpkin
- Whipped topping
See the recipe card below for quantities.
🔪 How to Make This Easy Dip
It only takes a few simple ingredients and a few minutes to make this super easy, super tasty dip.
Step 1: Combine the Pudding and Pumpkin Spice
Combine the pudding mix and pumpkin pie spice in a large mixing bowl and stir with a rubber spatula.
Step 2: Add the Canned pumpkin
Add the canned pumpkin to the pudding mix and beat on medium speed with a hand mixer for 30 to 45 seconds until combined. Scrape down the bowl and mix again to ensure everything is completely mixed.
Step 3: Add Whipped Topping
Add the whipped topping to the pumpkin mixture and beat on low until completely combined.
Step 4: Chill
Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight until ready to serve.
Do you want to change up this recipe and make it your own? Here are some ways that you can do that!
- Chocolate Pumpkin – Use chocolate pudding to make a chocolate pumpkin dip that’s delicious.
- Cream Cheese Dip – Replace the whipped topping with cream cheese to create an extra thick and rich dip.
- Get Fancy – Cut the top off of a small pumpkin and clean out the inside. Then, serve the pudding in it.
Check out our other super creamy pumpkin cheesecake dip recipe. If you like the sound of this one, we know you’ll love that one, too!
It only takes a couple of simple kitchen essentials to make this recipe.
- Measuring spoon
- Mixing bowl
- Hand mixer
- Bowl with lid
You can store this dip for up to 5 days in the refrigerator. For longer storage, you can freeze it for up to 3 months in an air-tight, freezer-safe container.
Although this recipe is just about the easiest thing you’ll ever make, we do have a couple of tips to help you make it the best it can possibly be. These are easy tips, so be sure you give them a look.
- A hand mixer is the best way to make this dip. It makes it easy to get the ultra-whipped texture.
- Adjust the pumpkin spice to suit your liking.
- Be sure you buy canned pumpkin and NOT pumpkin pie filling.
Do you have questions about this recipe? Here are the answers to the most commonly asked questions.
You don’t have to, but it will definitely help. A hand mixer makes it so easy to get a great whipped texture.
It will keep for up to 5 days in the refrigerator and up to 3 months in the freezer.
Fruit, cookies, crackers, and pretzels are all excellent for dipping in this recipe.
🍽 More Recipes
Do you enjoy Pumpkin? Then try these delicious recipes:
📌 PIN IT!!
Want to make this recipe? Print the recipe card below, or pin this recipe, so you can find it later.
Easy Pumpkin Dip
- large bowl
- Hand mixer
- serving bowl
- 1.85 ounces packet instant vanilla pudding mix
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 29 ounces canned pumpkin not pumpkin pie filling
- 8 ounces whipped topping
- In a large mixing bowl, combine pudding mix and pumpkin pie spice.
- Stir to combine with a rubber spatula.
- Add canned pumpkin.
- Using a handmixer, beat on medium speed for 30-45 seconds until combined.
- Scrape down sides and bottom with the rubber spatula to assure everything is mixed together.
- Add whipped topping and beat on low until completely combined.
- Refrigerate for at least an hour to overnight, covered, until ready to serve.
Adjust the amount of pumpkin pie spice according to your liking.
Cut the top off of a small pumpkin. Clean out and dry the inside. Use it as a serving bowl for the dip!