This Halloween Pumpkin Cheesecake features a sweet cheesecake filling loaded with chocolate and orange chips spread over an Oreo crust and decorated to look like a Jack-O-Lantern.
If you’re looking for a Halloween treat that will really wow your friends, then this is the recipe for you. It’s a rich, sweet dessert topped with orange frosting and ringed with Peeps pumpkins for a Halloween-tastic look.
This cheesecake is so easy to make, and it turns out fabulous! It’s a 6-inch cheesecake, and it’s no bake. You make this in advance so your dessert is ready when you’re ready to serve it! It’s literally one of the cutest desserts you’ll ever see.
The Peeps around the edge take on their own persona when you put this together, and it’s so much fun to serve, your guests will think this is a stunner when you plate this. This would be great for a Fall Party, Halloween, or Thanksgiving. No matter when you decide to make this one, it’s sure to be a favorite.
Table of contents
❤️ Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- It’s an easy-to-make no-bake recipe.
- It only takes a few simple steps to make.
- It’s rich, delicious, and loaded with classic cheesecake flavor.
- It’s an adorable addition to any Halloween spread.
The following are affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
This recipe only uses basic ingredients to pack all of its delicious flavors into its pumpkin packaging. You’ll find everything you need easily at your local grocery store. Check out the recipe card at the end of the post for the complete list of ingredients along with amounts.
- Pumpkin Peeps
- Sweetened condensed milk
- Mini chocolate chips
- Mini orange chips
- Heavy cream
- Powdered sugar
- Orange food coloring gel
🔪 How to Make Halloween Pumpkin Cheesecake
This recipe looks a little fancy, but it’s actually very easy to make. Even beginners can make this one.
Step 1: Prep
Line a 6-inch springform pan with parchment paper and set aside.
Step 2: Make the Crust
Using a food processor or blender, pulse the Oreos until you have fine crumbs. Then, melt the butter in a microwave-safe bowl for 15 seconds or until the butter is melted. Add the butter to the crumbs and stir well.
Step 3: Add the Crust
Using the back of a spoon or your fingers, press the crumb mixture evenly into the bottom of the pan and smooth it out.
Step 4: Add the Peeps
Open the Peeps and leave them attached to one another, then place them along the side of the pan with the pumpkin faces facing the pan. Place the pan in the freezer.
Step 5: Make the Cheesecake Batter
Blend the cream cheese, sweetened condensed milk, and vanilla in a stand mixer on low until mixed. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and mix until completely blended and smooth. Then, remove the mixing bowl and fold in the chocolate chips and orange chips.
Step 6: Freeze
Remove the pan from the freezer and pour the batter into it. Then, smooth it out and freeze again for 24 hours.
Step 7: Make the Frosting
Mix the butter and cream cheese together in a stand mixer. Scrape down the sides and blend again. Add heavy cream and a pinch of salt and blend until smooth. Then, add the powdered sugar a cup at a time and mix on low until all the sugar is added and the frosting is smooth and creamy. Add orange food coloring until you reach the desired color.
Step 8: Frost
Add the frosting to a piping bag with a large star tip. Then, pipe the frosting around the outer edge of the cheesecake in large dollops, bringing the tip up to form a peak. Sprinkle with orange sprinkles and return the cheesecake to the freezer until ready to serve. Cut into 2-inch pieces and enjoy!
Do you want to change up this recipe and make it your own? Here are some ways that you can do that!
- Any Holiday – Omit the Pumpkin Peeps and make the frosting any color you like to fit any occasion or holiday.
- Graham Cracker Crust – You can use graham crackers in place of Oreos to make the crust.
- Premade Frosting – You can use premade frosting if you like.
If you want more cheesecake deliciousness perfect for the season, then check out this no-bake pumpkin cheesecake.
- Stand mixer
- Food processor or blender
- 6-inch springform pan
- Parchment paper
- Pastry bag with large star tip
Store this cheesecake in an air-tight container in the freezer for up to a month.
There are a couple of simple things to keep in mind when making this cheesecake.
- Be sure you chill your cheesecake for at least 24 hours before decorating it.
- Check your cheesecake to ensure it is completely firm before frosting it.
- Because this cheesecake must be stored in the freezer, you can make it well in advance.
Do you have questions about this Halloween pumpkin cheesecake recipe? Here are the answers to the most commonly asked questions.
Baked cheesecake is made with eggs and baked to firm it up before being chilled. No-bake cheesecake uses no eggs and isn’t baked. It sets by being chilled in the refrigerator or freezer.
While cheesecake has the word “cake” in the name, it’s actually a form of pie.
You can store it for up to a month in the freezer.
Ice crystals being to form in the cheesecake after about a month, and the texture and flavor begin to change.
🍽 More Cheesecake Recipes
Do you enjoy cheesecake? Then try these delicious recipes:
📌 PIN IT!!
Want to make this Halloween pumpkin cheesecake recipe? Print the recipe card below, or pin this recipe, so you can find it later.
Halloween Pumpkin Cheesecake
- Stand mixer
- Food Processor or Blender
- 6 inch Spring-form pan
- parchment paper
- Pastry Bag – to Pipe Frosting
- Large Star Tip
- Orange Sprinkle Mix – to sprinkle on top
For the Crust
- 20 Oreo cookies
- 4 Tablespoons Butter melted
- 16 ounces Packages of Pumpkin Peeps
For the Cheesecake layer
- 24 ounces Cream Cheese softened
- 14 ounces Sweetened condensed Milk
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- 1/2 cup Mini Chocolate Chips
- 1/4 cup Mini Orange Chips
For the frosting
- 4 Tablespoons Butter softened
- 4 ounces Cream Cheese
- 1/4 cup Heavy Cream
- 4 cups Powdered Sugar
- pinch salt
- In a Food Processor, or Blender, place the Oreo Cookies (including the filling) and pulse until you have fine crumbs. Place the Crumbs in a bowl.
- Place the Butter in a bowl, and microwave for about 15 seconds, or until the Butter is melted.
- Pour the Butter over the crumbs, and stir well to coat the cookie crumbs.
- Line the 6 inch Spring-form pan with Parchment Paper, and pour the crumbs into Pan.
- Using the back of a spoon, or your fingers if you prefer, press the crumbs evenly into the bottom of the pan, and smooth out to an even layer.
- Open the packages of Peeps, and you’ll find the rows of Peeps are attached, so leave them attached to each other, do not separate them.
- Place the Peeps against the side of the Spring-form pan, on top of the Crust, and line the whole pan with the Peeps. Place the Pan in the Freezer.
- In the mixing bowl of a stand Mixer, place the softened Cream Cheese, and pour in the Eagle-brand Milk, or sweetened condensed Milk.
- Add the Vanilla, and blend on low until mixed. Scrape down the sides of the bowl, and mix until completely blended and smooth.
- You may want to scrape the sides of the bowl a couple of times, to make sure all the cream cheese is well blended. Remove the mixing bowl from the mixer, and fold in the Mini Chocolate Chips, and the Orange Chips.
- Remove the pan from the Freezer and pour the Cheesecake batter into the Pan, filling the pan with the batter.
- Place the pan back in the freezer for 24 hours.
- When the Cheesecake has been in the freezer for 24 hours, check the cheesecake and make sure it is set, or firm to the touch.
Decorate the Cheesecake:
- In the mixing bowl of a stand mixer, place the Butter, and Cream Cheese, and mix well to blend until smooth.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl, and blend. Add the Heavy Cream, and pinch of Salt, and blend until smooth.
- Add the Powdered Sugar a cup at a time, and mix on low, until all the Powdered Sugar has been added, and the Frosting is smooth and creamy.
- Add Orange Food Coloring Gel to the Mixing bowl, and blend to mix.
- Add more Food Coloring if needed, until the desired Orange Color is achieved. Place the Frosting in a Pastry bag with the Large Star Tip.
- Pipe the Frosting around the edge of the top of the Cheesecake in large dollops (See Photo), and then Sprinkle on the Orange Sprinkle Mix to finish decorating the Cheesecake.
- Place the Cheesecake back in the freezer until time to serve. To serve, cut in 2 inch pieces.
- This is made in advance, and needs at least 24 hours in the Freezer for this to set.
- You can make this up to 4 days in advance, and even decorate it the day before, and place it back in the Freezer, and it’s ready when you’re ready to serve dessert.