The rich chocolaty flavor of French silk pie and the delicious tangy, sweetness of cheesecake come together in this amazing No-Bake French Silk Cheesecake recipe. It’s a decadent dessert that’s easy to make but looks so fancy.
Our favorite recipes are the ones that make us look like heroes without any heroic effort, and that’s what you get in this easy, delicious French silk cheesecake. It’s a no-bake wonder that looks and tastes amazing but is very simple to make.
If you love French Silk Pie, and you love Cheesecake, you are going to fall in love with this recipe. It is absolutely delicious, and everyone is going to be thrilled with this dessert. It’s chocolaty, creamy, and smooth. It’s covered in Whipped Cream and chocolate shavings, and it will turn out to be a favorite.
Table of contents
- ❤️ Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- 🔪 How to Make French Silk Cheesecake
- 🥄 Equipment
- 🥫 Storage
- 💭 Tips
- ⁉️ FAQ
- 🍽 More Recipes
- 🧾No-Bake French Silk Cheesecake
- 📌 PIN IT!!
❤️ Why You’ll Love This Recipe
This delicious cheesecake is rich, creamy, chocolaty, and absolutely SUPER DUPER EASY. If you don’t love that, we don’t know what you would love!
- It’s rich and chocolaty and full of wonderful cheesecake flavor and texture.
- It’s a no-bake recipe, so you don’t have to fool with water baths and oven temps.
- It comes together quickly and easily and has a silky chocolate filling.
- Everyone loves cheesecake and chocolate!
- All of the flavors of chocolate silk pie in cheesecake form,
- All of these ingredients are easy to find at your local grocery store.
If you love creamy chocolate pie then you want to give this Easy Chocolate Pie Dip recipe a try next time you have a chocolate craving.
The following are affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
- Graham crackers pulsed into crumbs
- Melted butter
- Whipped heavy cream
- Chocolate pudding mix
- Softened cream cheese
- Melted Ghirardelli milk chocolate chips
- Heavy Cream
- Heavy whipping cream
- Cream cheese
- Powdered sugar
- Chocolate bar shavings
See the recipe card below for quantities.
🔪 How to Make French Silk Cheesecake
This recipe looks fancy, but don’t let that fool you into thinking it’s difficult. This is a no-bake cheesecake, so it’s actually very easy to make.
Step 1: Make the Crust
Pulse the graham crackers in a food processor until they’re crumbs. Then, add the sugar and pulse to mix. Melt the butter in a medium bowl and then pour the graham cracker crumbs into the bowl. Stir well to combine.
Step 2: Add to the Pan
Press the crumbs into the bottom of a 7-inch springform pan lined with parchment paper. Smooth with the back of a spoon to an even level. Place the pan in the freezer.
Step 3: Make the Cheesecake Base
In a stand mixer combine heavy cream, vanilla, chocolate pudding, and sugar and whip with a whisk attachment until stiff peaks form. Then, add the softened cream cheese and blend until smooth and fluffy.
Step 4: Add Melted Chocolate
Microwave the chocolate chips and heavy cream for about a minute, stopping every 10 seconds to stir. Microwave just until melted, adding a few more drops of heavy cream if needed until the chocolate is pourable. Then, pour it into the cheesecake batter and blend.
Step 5: Chill
Remove the pan from the freezer and pour in the chocolate cheesecake. Then return to the freezer and chill for several hours. Overnight is even better.
Step 6: Make the Whipped Topping
Add heavy cream, vanilla, cream cheese, and powdered sugar to a mixing bowl and mix on low until well blended. Then turn the mixer to medium speed and beat until the mixture starts to thicken. Finally, whip on high speed for 1 to 3 minutes or until the cream has formed.
Step 7: Top
Remove the cheesecake from the freezer and remove the springform pan. Then, place the cheesecake on a plate or cake stand. Using a pastry bag with a star tip, pipe the frosting on the top of the cheesecake using a swirling motion, leaving big dollops on the cheesecake and bringing the tip up to form a point. Do this around the top edge of the cheesecake, the center, and around the base of the cheesecake.
Next, use a vegetable peeler to shave a chocolate bar and place the shavings all over the top of the cheesecake and around the bottom edge.
Step 8: Chill Again
Place the cheesecake back in the freezer until ready to serve. When ready, cut the cheesecake into your desired slices and enjoy.
Do you want to change up this recipe and make it your own? Here are some ways that you can do that!
- Dark Chocolate – For a richer chocolate flavor, try using dark chocolate.
- Chocolate Frosting – Add cocoa to the frosting recipe to create a chocolate frosting.
If you love no-bake cheesecake, then check out this delicious recipe for strawberry cheesecake bars.
You’ll only need a few pieces of basic kitchen equipment to make this recipe.
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Springform pan
- Parchment paper
- Stand mixer
- Mixing bowl
- Hand mixer
- Piping bag and star tip
- Vegetable peeler
You can store leftovers in an air-tight container in the freezer for up to a week.
We have a few tips here that will help you make this cheesecake the best that it can possibly be. They’re simple tips so be sure to give them a look.
- When we say heaping tablespoons of pudding, we mean heaping. Don’t be afraid to pile on the pudding mix. It makes the cheesecake so thick and luscious.
- Chilling overnight is your best bet when letting your cheesecake set. The longer, the better!
- For a softer cheesecake, let it sit at room temperature for about 15 minutes before serving.\
- Instead of using a graham cracker crust, you can use a chocolate cookie crust, or oreo cookies to make a crust if you prefer.
- Instead of chocolate shavings, you can also use chocolate curls to top this no-bake dessert.
Do you have questions about this recipe? Here are the answers to the most commonly asked questions.
How long will this cheesecake last?It will keep in the freezer for up to a week.
Why is my cheesecake crust crumbly? When you make your graham cracker crumbs, don’t go easy on the pulsing. You want to really pulverize your graham crackers into fine crumbs so they stick together when the butter is added.
Why is my cheesecake lumpy? You probably didn’t fully soften your cream cheese. The biggest cause of lumpy cheesecake is a cream cheese that wasn’t softened enough to blend well.
🍽 More Recipes
Do you enjoy cheesecake? Then, try these delicious recipes:
- Sugared Blueberries Cheesecake
- Samoa Cheesecake Bars
- Rocky Road Cheesecake
- Instant Pot Lemon Blueberry Cheesecake
- Butterfinger Cheesecake Bars
- Banana Pudding Cheesecake Bars
🧾No-Bake French Silk Cheesecake
Want to make this recipe? Print the recipe card below, or pin this recipe, so you can find it later.
French Silk Cheesecake – No Bake
- Measuring Cups and Spoons
- Springform pan
- parchment paper
- Stand mixer
- Mixing Bowl
- Hand mixer
- Piping bag and star tip
- Vegetable peeler
- 5 ounces Graham Crackers one sleeve, pulsed into crumbs
- 1 Tablespoon Sugar
- 4 Tablespoons Butter melted
- 1 cup Heavy Cream whipped
- 3 tablespoons Instant Chocolate Pudding mix heaping
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- 24 ounces Cream Cheese softened
- 1 ½ cups Sugar
- 1 cup Ghirardelli Milk Chocolate Chips melted with 2 Tablespoons of Heavy Cream – in the Microwave
- 2 Tablespoons Heavy Cream
- 2 cups Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1 Tablespoon Vanilla
- 2 Tablespoons Cream Cheese
- ⅓ cup Powdered Sugar
- 1 large Chocolate Candy Bar – for chocolate shavings
- Place the Graham Crackers in a Food Processor, and pulse into crumbs.
- Add Sugar, and pulse a couple of times to mix.
- Melt the Butter in a medium size bowl, and pour Graham Crackers Crumbs into the Butter and stir well to coat.
- Line the Bottom of a 7 inch Spring-form pan with Parchment paper, and press the Crumbs into the bottom of the pan, evenly, smoothing with the back of a spoon.
- Place the pan in the freezer.
- In the mixing bowl of a stand mixer, place the Heavy Cream, Vanilla, Chocolate Pudding, and Sugar, and whip with the Whisk attachment until stiff peaks form, and the Cream is whipped.
- Add the Softened Cream Cheese, and blend until smooth and fluffy.
- Place the Chocolate Chips and Heavy Cream in the Microwave, and melt for about 1 minute, stopping every 10 seconds or so to stir. Microwave just until melted.
- Add a few more drops of Heavy cream if needed, until the chocolate is smooth, and pour-able.
- Pour Chocolate into Mixing bowl and blend.
- Remove the pan from the Freezer, and pour the Cheesecake into the pan, and place it back in the Freezer, overnight for best results.
- In the mixing bowl, add the Heavy Cream, Vanilla, Cream Cheese, and Powdered Sugar, and mix on low until blended. Turn the mixer to Medium speed until Heavy Cream starts to thicken, then turn the mixer to Highest Speed, and whip for about 1 – 3 minutes, until Cream has formed Stiff peaks.
- Remove the Cheesecake from the Freezer, and remove the Spring form from the pan.
- Place the Cheesecake on a serving plate, or a cake stand.
- Place the Whipped Cream in a pastry bag with the Large Star Tip.
- Pipe the Topping on the top of the Cheesecake, using a swirling motion, leaving big dollops on the cheesecake, and bring it up to a point, and add large dollops to the center of the Cheesecake.
- Using a Vegetable Peeler, shave a Chocolate Candy Bar and place the shavings all over the top of the Cheesecake and around the edge of the bottom.
- Place the cheesecake back in the Freezer until time to serve.
- When ready to serve, remove the Cheesecake from the Freezer, and slice the Cheesecake into 2 inch pieces.
- Serve, and Enjoy!
I used Jello Instant Chocolate Pudding, and I really heaped the Tablespoons to add quite a bit of the Pudding so the Cheesecake is thick, and has a wonderful Chocolate flavor when the melted chocolate is added.