This Herb Roasted Chicken Breast recipe combines classic herbs with garlic, lemon juice, and Worcestershire sauce to make a zesty chicken breast that’s perfect for any family dinner.
We love to make this herbed chicken breast recipe, and we do make it quite often. It’s just so easy and delicious that it begs to be made. And we know you’ll feel the same way once you give it a try.
Table of contents
❤️ Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- It’s an easy recipe that’s full of flavor, not work.
- It only uses a few simple ingredients, most of which are already in your kitchen.
- It’s a versatile chicken recipe that pairs well with almost any side or vegetable.
This recipe uses just a few ingredients that are super simple and probably already in your kitchen. Anything you don’t have can be found easily at your local grocery store.
The ingredients are listed here, but you’ll find the complete list along with amounts in the recipe card at the end of the post.
- Fresh lemon juice
- Worcestershire sauce
- Olive oil
- Fresh or dried oregano
- Fresh or dried parsley
- Fresh or dried basil
- Minced garlic
- Black pepper
- Boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Fresh parsley
🔪 How to Make Herb Roasted Chicken Breast
Making this recipe is a straightforward process. Just marinate the chicken, and then bake it. That’s it!
Step 1: Marinate the Chicken
Combine all marinade ingredients in a medium bowl. Then, add the chicken and marinade to a large, resealable bag. Marinate the chicken in the fridge for up to 4 hours.
Step 2: Bake
Remove the chicken from the refrigerator and let it sit at room temperature for about 30 minutes. Then, drizzle a 13×9 baking dish with olive oil, add the chicken, and bake for 20 to 25 minutes. Let rest for 5 minutes and enjoy!
Do you want to change up this recipe and make it your own? Here are some ways that you can do that!
- Spicy – Add red pepper flakes for an extra kick of flavor and heat.
- Chicken Breasts – You can make this with chicken thighs if you like. It also works well with pork chops.
- Fresh Lemon Juice – You can use RealLemon if you don’t have a lemon.
If you love recipes full of garlic and herb flavor, then you’ll love our garlic butter herbed salmon in foil.
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Mixing bowl
- 13×9 baking dish
- Resealable bag
Store this chicken for up to 3 days in the refrigerator in an air-tight container. For longer storage, freeze it for up to 3 months in an air-tight, freezer-safe container.
- We recommend marinating the chicken for a full 4 hours for the most tender, juicy, flavorful chicken.
- Don’t marinate the chicken for longer than 4 hours or the chicken could get a mealy texture.
- Check the chicken with a meat thermometer for doneness. It’s fully cooked at 165 degrees.
Do you have questions about this recipe? Here are the answers to the most commonly asked questions.
Cook boneless chicken breast for 20 to 30 minutes at 375. Large or bone-in chicken breasts should be cooked for 35 to 40 minutes at 375.
Chicken breasts cook faster at 400 degrees, however, baking at a higher temperature increases the risk of drying out the breast.
The best way to tell if your chicken breasts are done is to use a meat thermometer. It should read 165 degrees when inserted into the thickest part of the breast.
🍽 More Recipes
Do you enjoy chicken? Then try these delicious recipes:
- Copycat Applebees Oriental Chicken Salad Recipe
- Slow Cooker Cashew Chicken
- Slow Cooker Orange Chicken
📌 PIN IT!!
Want to make this recipe? Print the recipe card below, or pin this recipe, so you can find it later.
Herb Roasted Chicken Breasts
- Measuring Cups and Spoons
- Mixing Bowl
- 13×9 baking dish
- Resealable bag
- ½ cup fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano minced or 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- ¼ cup fresh parsley minced and lightly packed or 4 teaspoons dried parsley
- ¼ cup fresh basil minced and lightly packed or 4 teaspoons dried basil
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts about 8 ounces each
- Fresh parsley finely chopped, for garnish, optional
- Add all marinade ingredients to a medium bowl and whisk until completely combined
- Add chicken to large resealable bag
- Pour marinade over chicken, seal
- Place in refrigerator to chill up to 4 hours
- Remove from refrigerator and set at room temperature, 20-30 minutes
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Set out 13×9 baking dish and lightly drizzle with olive oil
- Place chicken in baking dish
- Discard marinade
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F
- Remove from oven and let chicken rest 5 minutes before slicing
- Slice and serve immediately
- Store leftovers in refrigerator in airtight container