Jalapeno Cheddar Biscuits are soft and tender and loaded with cheddar cheese, garlic, and the spicy kick of diced jalapenos. They’re a delicious side for any meal.
These cheddar jalapeno biscuits are the best, easiest biscuits ever. If you have ever had a butter swim biscuit then you know the explosion of flavor you get in one bite! You will get that with this tender buttery biscuit.
Jalapenos and cheddar come together in a tender, fluffy biscuit that cooks up in a pan of butter and they come out fabulous! I love that these biscuits do not need to be rolled out, they don’t need to rise.
You put the dough right into the melted butter in the pan and score the dough before baking and they come out perfect every time. These biscuits are full of melty cheddar and a slight kick from the jalapenos and are delicious! You can of course leave out the jalapenos if you like!
If you love biscuits as much as we do, then you’re really going to enjoy this treat. These biscuits are cheesy, zesty, and full of heat. We love to serve them with everything from pot roast to BBQ. They’re also good on their own with a hefty pat of butter!
Table of contents
❤️ Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- It’s an incredibly easy from scratch recipe.
- It uses basic baking ingredients.
- The cheddar and jalapeno are perfect together.
You’ll only need a few simple ingredients to make this recipe, and most of them are in your kitchen right now. Anything you don’t have is just a quick trip to the grocery store away! The ingredients that give these biscuits their pop are listed here, but you’ll find the complete list of ingredients along with amounts in the recipe card at the end of the post.
- Garlic salt
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Canned diced jalapenos
🔪 How to Make Jalapeno Cheddar Biscuits
This recipe is just a basic biscuit dough recipe with a few extra add-ins. It’s incredibly easy to make, and it only takes a few minutes.
Step 1: Combine the Dry Ingredients
Whisk the flour, baking powder, sugar, and garlic salt together in a mixing bowl. Then, add the cheese and jalapenos and stir.
Step 2: Add the Wet Ingredients
Add the buttermilk and stir until the dough just comes together.
Step 3: Prep the Dough
Add the melted butter to an 8×8 baking dish. Then, place the dough into the dish, spreading it evenly. Cut into 9 pieces.
Step 4: Bake
Place the dish on a baking sheet to catch any spillover and bake the biscuits at 450 degrees for 25 minutes until golden brown. Let them cool for 10 to 15 minutes, then cut along the lines and serve.
Do you want to change up this recipe and make it your own? Here are some ways that you can do that!
- Cheesy Biscuits – Omit the jalapenos for cheesy biscuits.
- Less Heat – Use chiles in place of jalapenos for a bit less heat. Or leave them out completely.
- Bacon – Add crumbled crispy bacon to the dough.
If you like this twist we gave to biscuits, then check out our low-carb ham muffins!
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Mixing bowl
- 8×8 baking dish
Store for up to 3 days at room temperature in an air-tight container. Don’t refrigerate them, as they’ll get dry.
- For the most tender biscuits, stop mixing the dough as soon as it comes together.
- If you don’t have buttermilk on hand, simply combine 2 cups of regular milk with 2 tablespoons of vinegar or lemon juice to make your own.
- It’s important to place a rimmed baking sheet under your dish before baking to avoid a potential mess.
Do you have questions about this recipe? Here are the answers to the most commonly asked questions.
Take 1 cup of regular milk and add 1 tablespoon of vinegar or lemon juice. Let it sit for 5 minutes, and you’ve got buttermilk!
Modern buttermilk is the product of enzymes added to regular milk to create a thick, tangy milk derivative.
The biscuit dough absorbs the butter as it bakes, making super buttery biscuits.
🍽 More Recipes
Do you enjoy jalapenos? Then try these delicious recipes:
📌 PIN IT!!
Want to make this recipe? Print the recipe card below, or pin this recipe, so you can find it later.
Jalapeno Cheddar Biscuits
- Mixing Bowl
- 8×8 baking dish
- sharp knife
- 2½ cups flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt
- ¾ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 ½ tablespoons canned diced jalapenos
- 2 cups buttermilk
- ½ cup 1 stick butter, melted
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl add the flour, baking powder, sugar, and garlic salt and whisk to combine.
- Add the cheese and jalapenos and stir.
- Stir in all the buttermilk and gently mix the dough until it just comes together.
- Into an 8×8 baking dish add your melted butter.
- Place the dough into the pan and carefully spread the dough out evenly.
- Using a knife cut the dough into 9 pieces.
- Place the baking dish onto a baking sheet to catch any spills and place into the oven and bake for 25 minutes until golden brown.
- Remove the biscuits and let cool for 10-15 minutes.
- Cut along the lines.