Jalapeno Popper Wontons
If you love the taste of Jalapeno Poppers, you’re going to go crazy for these Jalapeno Popper Wontons. One bite just isn’t going to be enough.
The great part about this recipe is that the taste and flavor are insane. We can’t tell you how many times we’ve been to a restaurant or bar and ordered Jalapeno Poppers as an appetizer…and every single time we have thought about how we need to figure out a way to get this flavor at home and in a different way.
The good news? We did! We just altered it a little bit to be in a wonton form instead because…well, we can. And honestly, this just makes the recipe that much more fun!
Can you eliminate the shredded cheese and just use cream cheese?
You can if you want. Some people prefer one cheese over the other and that is entirely up to you. And if you like a mixture, keep them both in there. The cream cheese makes the poppers and wontons creamer while the shredded cheese makes them saltier tasting and super cheesy. We prefer the combination of both cheeses.
Either way, the taste is delicious and addictive.
How to make these to die for Jalapeno Popper Wontons…
Can you bake these Jalapeno Popper Wontons in the oven?
I don’t recommend it because the wonton wrappers won’t get as crispy. The frying is a quick way to give them that crunch and seal in all the delicious ingredients and flavor.
If you do want to try and bake them, just know that there’s a good chance that they won’t have that same texture that you might have been looking for.
What type of dipping sauce would go well with these Jalapeno Popper Wontons?
You can’t go wrong with ranch as an option. But other fun dips to try could be blue cheese, or even a spicier dip that kicks up that heat and flavor like a sweet chili sauce. And who says you have to pick just one?
Set out a few bowls and dabble and dip with them all…then you’ll have a clear choice of the dipping sauce winner.
If you’re looking for a super simple appetizer to kick off any meal, you’re going to love this wonton recipe. Perfect as an appetizer for any party or game day! Unique, creative and flavorful!
OTHER APPETIZERS YOU MIGHT LIKE:
If you love the taste of Jalapeno Poppers, you're going to go crazy for these Jalapeno Popper Wontons. One bite just isn't going to be enough.
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 cup shredded Mexican style cheese
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 tbsp. ranch seasoning
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and diced
- 1 (50 count) package small wonton wraps
- 5 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
1. In a medium sized bowl, mix the cheeses, ranch, peppers, and bacon together.
2. Put about 1-2 teaspoons of filling onto the middle of the wonton wraps. Using a finger wet with water, trace the edges of the wonton. Fold in half, diagonally.
3. Fry the wontons in oil over medium-high heat for about 50 second to 1 minute on each side. Drain on a paper towel and enjoy immediately.