This Lazy Cake Recipe is for all you cake fans out there who want to enjoy a delicious cake without having to spend hours in the kitchen! This cake is so easy to make and only requires a few simple ingredients that you probably already have in your pantry.
The best part about this cake is that it is completely customizable, so you can add your own personal touches to make it your own. This simple cake is perfect for busy days when you are craving something sweet.
Table of contents
❤️ Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- Quick and easy to make with only a few simple ingredients and very little effort.
- Can be easily customized to your own taste.
- Delicious and satisfying plus simple to make.
The following are affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
If you ask me, the best part of this recipe is that it only requires basic ingredients that you most likely already have on hand in your pantries. You won’t even need to make a special trip to the grocery store to make this simple cake recipe.
- all-purpose flour
- granulated sugar
- baking powder
- butter, softened
- vanilla extract
- Powdered sugar, optional
***See the recipe card below for quantities.
🔪 How to Make This Lazy Cake Recipe
Making this Lazy Cake recipe is super simple. Follow the steps below and you will have a delicious cake without much effort or time at all.
Step 1: Preheat the oven and prepare a baking pan
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease an 8 x 8 baking dish.
Step 2: Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl
Combine flour, granulated sugar, and baking powder together in a large mixing bowl.
Step 3: Add the wet ingredients to the flour mixture and beat together
Add wet ingredients to the flour mixture. Beat on low speed until combined. Beat on medium speed for 1 minute.
Step 4: Pour batter into the prepared pan
Pour batter into the prepared baking dish.
Step 5: Bake the cake until a toothpick comes out clean
Bake at 350 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean.
Step 6: Cool on a cooling rack and then dust the top with powdered sugar
Cool on the cooling rack. Dust with powdered sugar, if desired. Serve and enjoy!
Hint: Be sure to spray the bottom of the pan well with cooking or baking spray so that the cake doesn’t stick to the pan.
Do you want to change up this recipe and make it your own? Here are some ways that you can do that!
- Add chocolate chips: Add ¼ cup of chocolate chips to the batter for a little extra sweetness.
- Add fruit: Add ½ cup of chopped fruit to the batter. Try berries, cherries, or even diced apples.
- Add nuts: Add ¼ cup of your favorite nuts. Add any chopped nuts to the batter. Walnuts, pecans, and almonds would all be great in this cake.
If you love easy dessert recipes like this one then next time you may also enjoy this Ooey Gooey Butter Cake recipe.
You only need a few kitchen tools to help you make this homemade cake recipe. Gather these tools and get ready to enjoy a delicious lazy daisy cake recipe.
- 8×8 baking pan
- large bowl
- measuring cups and spoons
- cooling rack
This cake recipe is best enjoyed fresh, but it can be stored for a few days if you need to.
Store the cake in an airtight container or wrapped in aluminum foil or cling film, at room temperature and it will stay fresh for 3-4 days.
You can also wrap the cake tightly in plastic wrap and then place it in a freezer bag. Freeze for up to 2 months. Thaw overnight in the refrigerator before enjoying.
Here are a few tips to help you make the best lazy cake recipe possible:
- Make sure all of your ingredients are at room temperature before getting started. This will help them to combine better.
- Be careful not to overmix the batter or your cake will be tough. Mix just until the ingredients are combined.
- If you want a little extra sweetness, you can dust the top of the cake with powdered sugar before serving.
- This recipe can easily be doubled if you need to make a larger cake. Just double all of the ingredients and bake in a 9×13 pan.
- For easy removal of this cake, you can line your cake pan with parchment paper instead.
- You can also top this cake with chocolate sauce, mini marshmallows, or chocolate ganache.
- Give this simple recipe a citrus flavor with the addition of orange zest or split the milk with half orange juice and half milk.
- Make this a chocolate cake by adding in 1/2 cup of unsweetened cocoa powder.
Do you have questions about this easy lazy cake recipe? Here are the answers to the most commonly asked questions about these beloved desserts.
A lazy cake recipe is one that doesn’t require you to frost the cake or work with cake layers. It’s super easy to make the cake.
The best way to tell if this cake is done is to insert a toothpick into the center of the cake. If it comes out clean, the cake is done.
Sure if you want to frost this cake, you can. I recommend using a simple frosting or cool whip.
🍽 More Cake Recipes
Do you enjoy easy cake recipes? If so, try these delicious recipes:
- Apple Cinnamon Cake
- Peach Cobbler Dump Cake
- Cherry Cheesecake Poke Cake
- Paula Deen’s Ooey Gooey Butter Cake
- Lemon Blueberry Cake
- Carrot Cake Recipe
🧾Lazy Cake Recipe
Want to make this recipe? Print the recipe card below, or pin this recipe, so you can find it later.
Lazy Cake Recipe
- 8×8 baking pan
- large bowl
- Measuring Cups and Spoons
- cooling rack
- 1 ⅓ cups all-purpose flour
- ⅔ cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ⅔ cup milk
- ¼ cup butter softened
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Powdered sugar optional
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease an 8 x 8 baking dish,
- Combine flour, granulated sugar, and baking powder together in a mixing bowl.
- Add wet ingredients to the flour mixture. Beat on low speed until combined. Beat on medium speed for 1 minute.
- Pour batter into the prepared baking dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool on the cooling rack. Dust with powdered sugar, if desired. Serve and enjoy!