Autumn Apple Cake
Autumn Apple Cake Recipe is loaded with great Fall flavors and studded with chopped apples. A perfect dessert to serve any time of year especially for your Thanksgiving table.
An apple a day keeps the doctor away right? Well why not eat it in a cake since we love cake so much? Of course just eating an apple is so much healthier but not anywhere as much fun! Or as delectable to my families palate.
We try to go apple picking to a local orchard every year. We are also very lucky to have an enclosed farmer stand that is open every day from April – November. So fresh apples are abundant.
We make many apple desserts but sometimes we like to keep them on the healthier side so this Lightened Up Autumn Apple Cake is 7 WW Smart Points. If your not counting points ( we don’t) it’s fine. It’s just a healthier cake or dessert alternative. Especially in the Fall season when you have all the leftover Halloween candy, football game day get togethers with appetizers, Thanksgiving, Christmas and Holiday parties ect.
This light and delicious cake makes a yummy breakfast in my book. I know cake for breakfast? It is delicious with a cup of coffee and it is healthier than some breakfast options.
Apples and cinnamon are an amazing combination together, one that must not be messed with, even in the simplest of cakes but this cake has pumpkin spice in it also and that kicks up the autumn spice flavors just a little bit more. The apples and applesauce give this cake all the moist flavor and texture it needs.
Autumn Apple Cake is so simple to make!
Make this Autumn Apple Cake for your family today!!
OTHER CAKE RECIPES YOU MIGHT LIKE:
Autumn Apple Cake Recipe - Loaded with great Fall flavors and studded with chopped apples. A perfect dessert to serve any time of year especially for your Thanksgiving table.
- 3 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 egg whites, room temp
- 4 gala apples, cored and diced
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened applesauce
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Powder sugar to garnish
1.Heat oven to 350 degrees F
2.Prepare your apples and set to the side.
3.Spray a bundt pan with non-stick baking spray.
4.In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, pie spice, cinnamon, and salt.
5. In a bowl of a stand mixer with a whisk attached. Set mixer to high speed, beat the sugar and egg whites until soft peaks form. Reduce the mixer to low speed, add in the apples, applesauce, and vanilla. Mix to combine.
5. Add the flour mixture, stir until just combined. Pour the batter into the bundt pan.
6. Tap the pan onto the counter to guarantee it is evenly spread.
7. Bake for 55 minutes. Insert a toothpick in the center to verify the toothpick comes out clean.
8. Place the bundt pan on a cooling rack for 10 minutes. Remove from pan and cool.
Dust with powdered sugar if you like.