Low Carb, Keto, Grain Free All Purpose Pie Crust – We have to have someplace to put all those delicious per fillings don’t we?! This pie crust is perfect for all your sweet pie needs.
Low Carb, Keto, Grain Free All Purpose Pie Crust – I have been using this all purpose pie crust for a long time now. It is very simple and I always have the ingredients on hand.
When making certain flavor pie’s I have added flavorings to the crust also. For instance I will add some cocoa when making a peanut butter pie.
Low Carb, Keto, Grain Free All Purpose Pie Crust is amazing with coco for peanut butter pie!
Decorating and making pie crust has never been my forte but this tastes good and once the filling is in it that’s all that matters. The crust has a little bit of a different texture when working with it so it can be a bit more crumbly. But once that pie filling is in there, it make no difference.
I have also used this for making a savory pie. I just leave out the Stevia or sweetener. You can use this for Chicken Pot Pie, Beef Pot Pie or I have even made a Shepards Pie in this pie crust. Just make sure you leave out whatever sweetener you choose to use.
Low Carb , Keto, Grain Free All Purpose Pie Crust
- 1/4 cup butter melted
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1/4 cup Stevia or sweetener of your choice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- Melt butter in a bowl.
- Add almond flour, sweetener, eggs and salt to butter mix well.
- Stir in coconut flour until a dough forms.
- Roll out dough between 2 sheets of wax paper.
- Take top sheet of paper off dough and invert into a pie pan.
- Fill any cracked areas of crust and edges.
- Bake crust at 375 for 15 minutes. Allow crust to cool before filling.
Leave a Reply