Low Carb “Corn” Dogs – Low carb corn dogs aren’t just for County Fairs and Carnivals any more. You can make your own Low Carb Corn Dogs at home. These are perfect for any day of the week!!
Remember when you were a kid and you went to a fair and they had those yummy corn dogs on a stick? Back then I swear if it was on a stick, it was good!
Well we can’t eat like we did as a kid. Between weight issues, tummy issues with wheat allergies ect, well it’s just not happening too often in this house.
I was in the mood for hot dogs tonight. Normally we just have them au naturale on the plate with lots of sauerkraut, onions and mustard but tonight I just felt like holding it and dipping it lol.
So it was either making it “corn” dog like or making low carb hot dog buns. I opted for the “corn” dog style. Let me tell you these turned out awesome. They are great for lunches. They freeze well, reheat well. And I am in love with them.
Make these Low Carb “Corn” Dogs today!
Low Carb "Corn" Dogs
- 6 beef hot dogs
- 1 cups crush pork rinds
- ½ cup parmesan cheese
- 2 eggs
- ½ teaspoon dried parsley
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Place pork rinds in a food processor and process until they are finally ground.
- Place in a bowl and add Parmesan cheese and spices and eggs. Mix well. Refrigerate for about 10 minutes or so.
- On a piece of waxed paper place a tablespoonful of mixture. Dampen your hands and press it out with your palms of your hand to flatten it some.
- Place the hot dog in the pork rind mixture and wrap it around the hot dog.
- Bake at 400 degrees for about 20 minutes
Carb count is 0.4 per serving without the hot dog carbs
These freeze well Just wrap in foil and reheat in toaster oven for a quick lunch