Mini Crustless Pumpkin Pie
These Mini Crustless Pumpkin Pie just might be the cutest thing you’ll see this holiday season. Perfectly sized and packed full of flavor, everyone at the table will get to enjoy their very own pumpkin pie!
Everyone loves pie but I think that we can all agree that one of the biggest reasons that hard feelings happen during the holiday season is that not all pieces of the pie are cut evenly.
Why does Aunt Betty getting a big piece of the pie than I do? It’s a struggle, for sure. But this year that isn’t going to be a problem anymore. Now, everyone has their own little pie that they can enjoy without worry!
Not to mentions sometimes you want a lighter dessert after that heavy meal and this one has you covered because it doesn’t have a crust! So it is a bit lighter and doesn’t feel as heavy. Or maybe your trying to skip straight to the good part of pumpkin pie, these mini crustless pumpkin pies make a perfect addition to any thanksgiving get together. The prep of these little mini pies are so easy too!
- just a few ingredients
- you don’t have to worry about the extra step of slicing and serving, it is ready to eat once its cooled with a dollop of whipped cream.
- Relatively fast and easy to prepare. Everything is mixed in one bowl, and the clean up is super easy
The flavor of these crustless pumpkin pies are little less firm than your classic pumpkin pie, almost more like a custard pie. They have a smooth and creamy texture. The spiced pumpkin flavors are perfectly blended with the brown sugar for a rich and delicious end result.
Why does the recipe specify to stir using a rubber spatula?
Maybe this is just a little trick that we know about, but since we love all of you, we thought that we’d share this little tip. When you’re stirring the evaporate milk, using a rubber spatula reduces the number of bubbles that you’ll have formed. It might not sound like a big deal, but in the baking world, it is!
Will these mini pumpkin pies rise in the oven?
They will a little bit, but not a ton. The easy way to handle this is to just make certain that you’re not filling them full. Leave some room for there to be some expansion as necessary and you really won’t have any issues.
What toppings go well on these mini pumpkin pies?
We love all sorts of toppings, but the best ones probably have to be whipped cream or even a tad bit of cinnamon and sugar. Some people love to have a dollop of whipped cream to enjoy while others like their pie as is. It’s totally up to you!
This recipe makes up 6 mini pumpkin pies so make certain that you’re sharing with all your family and friends! It’s a wonderful way to sit and be thankful when you have your own entire pie to celebrate with!
OTHER DESSERTS YOU MIGHT LIKE:
Caramel Macchiato Cheesecake
Chocolate Cream Cheese Swirl Bundt Cake
Elvis Presley Cake
Pumpkin Lasagna Dessert
Mini Crustless Pumpkin Pies
- 1 15 oz. can pumpkin puree
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tbsp. cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 3 eggs
- 1 12 oz. can evaporated milk
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Heat a pot of water to boiling.
- In a large mixing bowl combine all of the ingredients minus the evaporated milk with a whisk. Switch to a rubber spatula and gradually add in the evaporated milk until everything is thoroughly combined.
- Divide the mixture between 6 ramekins. Place the ramekins in a casserole dish.
- Once the pot of water is boiling, pour in around the ramekins in the casserole dish until its about halfway up the sides of the ramekins.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes, or until set in the middle.
- Remove from the oven, and use oven mitts to carefully remove the mini pies from the baking dish. Allow the pies to cool down. Serve warm, or cold with whipped cream.
Leave a Reply