No Bake Peanut Butter Oatmeal Bars – We can’t resist these No Bake Peanut Butter Oatmeal Bars with chocolate frosting and pieces of Reese’s cups on top! They are so easy to make and a family favorite.
No Bake Peanut Butter Oatmeal Bars are chewy and so delicious. You can bet that your family will love these. If we can save some time and make something that is no bake, you can bet I’m in!! Add peanut butter and chocolate to it and that makes it all the better.
No Bake Peanut Butter Oatmeal Bars are amazing!!
We are huge peanut butter lovers in our house. I can tell you that we probably have a whole shelf of peanut butter in our pantry.
No Bake Peanut Butter Oatmeal Bars take just minutes to make. They are almost like a giant no bake cookie but in bar form.
Not only is there peanut butter in the oatmeal base of this yummy recipe but it’s in the frosting too!
The frosting is so easy to make and comes out so smooth and delicious and of course you have to top it off with chopped Reese’s cups!
Make these No Bake Peanut Butter Oatmeal Bars today!!
No Bake Peanut Butter Oatmeal Bars
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 2/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/3 cup milk
- 2 - 2 1/2 cups quick cooking oats
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- for chocolate frosting
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 4 Reese's cups chopped
- Line a 11 x 7 inches pan with parchment paper and set aside.In a sauce pan over medium heat, combine butter, brown sugar, sugar milk and salt. Whisking constantly bring the mixture to a boil. The mixture will boil quickly so keep an eye on it. Boil for 1 minute then remove the pan from a heat.Add peanut butter and vanilla and whisk until combine.Using a spoon, fold in the oats. Do not add all oats at once. Add 2 cups, stir well, then add ¼ cup at the time if needed. I use 2 1/4 cups. even though the mixture looks looks wet it will harden up. Pour mixture into pan and spread it out evenly. Place in fridge while you make the frosting. To make the chocolate frosting, combine ¼ cup peanut butter and chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl and microwave for 30 seconds then stir. Microwave again for 15 seconds intervals. I only need 45 seconds and it is perfect. Spread chocolate frosting over the peanut butter oatmeal bars, sprinkle with chopped Reese’s cups and refrigerate for 1 -2 hours before cutting.